Meat?

Options
This could just be a side effect of my recent medication change, but I'm not a fan of meat now. Of any sort. (Fish, Poultry, Redmeat) I've been enjoying veggie clubs and staying away from meat as a whole. I still eat dairy though (Only cheese). Does anyone else eat similar to this? Or should I force myself to try and eat more meat as part of my diet?

Replies

• JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else eat similar to this?

I doubt it. I mean, we don't even have a word for people that don't eat meat. I think that you being the only person in the world that doesn't eat meat is a rather safe assumption...
  • boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really just meant, on here as part of a diet sorts. My brother was a vegan and he was so frail compared to myself or my parents. I'm just cocerned.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A lot of people maintain healthy lifestyles without eating meat. You have to educate yourself about what your personal needs are (if you're taking medication), but you should look at eating a sufficient number of calories and hitting proper macro nutrients.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of vegetarians and vegans on here, so no, you are not alone in this. If you don't want meat, don't eat it. Research nutrition and learn what you will need to pay special attention to. Make sure that you're getting enough calories too. Best of luck.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself to eat meat. If you don't want to eat it for whatever reason then just don't. I don't eat meat and am transitioning to being vegan, and as you can see from my diary today I have no issue getting protein or eating enough calories :smile: