How to survive a girls night

Options
2»

Replies

• devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is what works for me

* For this day, restrict your intake of dietary fat to 0.3 g/kg body weight (or as close to this figure as possible).

* Limit carbs to 1.5 g/kg body weight. Get all carbs from veggies and the tag-along carbs in some protein sources. You'll also want to limit carbohydrate-rich alcohol sources such as drinks made with fruit juices and beer. A 33 cl/12 fl oz of beer contains about 12 g carbs, while a regular Cosmopolitan is about 13 g.

* Good choices of alcohol include dry wines which are very low carb, clocking in at about 0.5-1 g per glass (4 fl oz/115ml). Sweet wines are much higher at 4-6 g per glass. Cognac, gin, rum, scotch, tequila, vodka and whiskey are all basically zero carbs. Dry wines and spirits is what you should be drinking, ideally. Take them straight or mixed with diet soda. (No need to be super-neurotic about this stuff. Drinks should be enjoyed after all. Just be aware that there are better and worse choices out there).

* Eat as much protein as you want. Yes, that's right. Ad libitum. Due to the limit on dietary fat, you need to get your protein from lean sources. Protein sources such as low fat cottage cheese, protein powder, chicken, turkey, tuna, pork and egg whites are good sources of protein this day.

from: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

But hey, if you blow out for one night.....enjoy yourself and just get back on track the next day. DO NOT "punish yourself" for the next week or however long, everyone deserves a night off once in a while :happy:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Drink what you enjoy. Drinking something you don't like just to get a buzz with your friends is just as miserable and isolating as staying sober.

As others have said, have a "good" day the day before and get your workout in in the morning.

A good rule of thumb if you're planning a night out is to only drink from your exercise calories so you don't skip nutrition to stay within limits.

Most importantly, have fun! :drinker:
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You really need to be drunk to have fun???
    :-(
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    You really need to be drunk to have fun???
    :-(

Judge much?

Have a great time girl!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Drink till you puke it all up anyway? :devil:
    :drinker:

Haha that is so gross. :sick:
  • lorribabe03
    Options
    My advice to you would be, have some fun. One night with the girls won't necessarily ruin all your hard work. You deserve a reward, so either, drink your drinks, and follow with a ton of water. Keep your drinking to a minimum, or! My personal fave, drink however much you please, and be sure to replenish a ton the day after, and do not skip your workout. If anything workout a little extra.

Hope this helps :)
  • Stephie_lee
    Options
    I just had a girls night a couple weeks ago, where I found out that 3 of my friends were also using MFP :) We all had extra long workouts that day to make up for what we knew was coming, and it worked great. Cals for the day were a bit high, but not anything too ridiculous.
    I'm just glad that they refused to stop at the drive-thru on the way home like I was begging them to.
  • arianamari3
    arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Social situations like that ALWAYS include snacky food. Bring snacks for everyone to share. I always bring baby carrots, small portions of nuts and fruit for mindless eating/ drunchies.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Life if short! Enjoy and don't stress about calories... If you can, get a good workout in earlier in the day and eat sensibly. I would not try and cut calories throughout the day as, in my personal experience, after a few cocktails, I find myself eating more than I should to make up for it. :drinker:
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I agree. One day will not undo all your hard work. I did my anniversary with my husband a few weeks ago and went way over my calorie limit, but got right back on track the next day. You can't spend the rest of your life never letting your hair down!
  • tabasco121
    Options
    Vodka and cranberry....... make sure you spend the extra $.50-1.00 for the higher end alcohol. Less of a hangover.
  • vcnowak
    vcnowak Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Drink water, bring snacks, get a good workout the day of and after, choose vodka and sugar free mixers, dance your booty off, but most importantly have fun!

Side note: I'll be with her so the have fun part is important. We'll have a buddy system but if we get off track it's A OK!
  • carriek85
    carriek85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    those are all great ideas, everyone is so supportive! I LOVE IT!
  • carriek85
    carriek85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you!