Low Carb meals?

Options
Hi all,

I feel like cutting carbs out to kickstart weightloss. It worked for me years ago when i was obese, and then I was able to maintain afterwards just eating healthy/normal - its only now that I'm in a sedentary job with too many biscuits available, that it's starting to creep up.

Do you guys know much about the low carb diets, like what I should be eating and what I should avoid?

Replies

• alafolie29
    Options
    Fish/lean meat + plenty of vegetables/salad. I eat what I usually would, just without the carbs, and fill up on veg/salad.
  • alafolie29
    Options
    Also avoid processed food and excess sugar. Some people go as far as cutting out fruit but that's not for me...
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If it flies, walks or swims then it is good. Most veggies are good (watch carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips) and some fruits -- http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm. Berries and melons some of the best low carb fruits.

All grains are high in carbs. Some, have a significant amount of fiber that cancels some out but all grains should be limited if going low carb.

It's not impossible to have great food on low carb. I have done it for months now and don't miss bread, rice, etc. You learn to adjust like having tuna salad on a lettuce leaf instead of bread.

Items that are super bad that people think are healthy are: dried fruits, granola, fruit juices. Avoid those, really high in carbs.
  • mipanda
    mipanda Posts: 43
    Options
    hey that link is very helpful, thanks!

all I could really think of was chicken breast, salads and omelettes. which sounds pretty boring