Losing hope....?

Options
I have been trying to loose weight and exercised 4-5 times a day and ate 1850 calories a day. Its been over a month and I've lowered my calorie intake to about 1600, with the same workout plan. I'm a little discouraged because I feel like I'm making no progress and my will power is lowering. I don't want to end up falling through my weight loss goal (which is 50lbs) but at this rate it looks like a goal that is unattainable.

Replies

• jen_childers
    jen_childers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have only been doing this for 2 weeks but I have been working out everyday and I am down to 1200 calories a day. I have lost 1 pound. I know I am losing inches but not seeing it on the scale is discouraging. I think my main problem is I am eating the calories that I am burning by working out. I am going to try and stay under my calories for a few weeks and see how it goes. Don't lose hope. I know we can do it.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist or a personal trainer. I'm just a Dad. But I can tell you this...the scale is *not* the whole story. Muscle weighs more than fat. It is entirely possible by working out so much your muscle gain is outgrowing your fat loss.

How do you feel? Do you feel more energy? Stronger? Try and "focus" on your physical body when you answer because being depressed or frustrated always lowers your energy level. Try to be objective.

If you honestly feel you're not getting stronger and not losing weight...it's time to see a physician and/or nutritionist. i.e. time to get some real help just to be safe.

Good Luck!

--PD
  • ssaldana05
    ssaldana05 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks. I DO feel my stamina has increased and I grew a little more muscle in my arms.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I DO feel my stamina has increased and I grew a little more muscle in my arms.

See??? Keep at it, if it was easy there would be no heavy people! You can do this!
  • miracleharper
    Options
    i was n the same boat for a while. dont give up. your body is just trying to hold on to the calories your giving it. try drinking more water and keep doing what your doing, the weight will start falling off. keep up the good work . we all will reach our fitness goals together
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is not easy, and many days it is just downright discouraging. But man, when the scale does finally move......IT IS GREAT! Keep on keeping on. One day at a time. One pound at a time.