Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So scared of saggy skin!!

So im 19, 5 ft 4 and 230lbs. I have stretch marks on my tummy off having my daughter so i know the chances are i will have some loose skin but can i do anything to reduce the amount i'll have? So scared! xx

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Especially because you're young, your skin will tighten up some eventually. It won't happen quickly, nor will it be as tight as it was before you had a baby or as tight as it would be on women your age who have always been thin and don't have kids. After you reach your goal weight, hydrate like a boss and keep working out; if, in a year, you still have excess skin that you're not happy with, then you can look into having that surgically removed.
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    I'd suggest strength training with cardio. You're still young, you'll be amazed how much your body can bounce back. I lost 50 pounds when I was in my early twenties and I don't have that much saggy skin (only some in my arms). I know it's different for everyone but toning while losing is the best way. Good luck!! :bigsmile:
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    I have saggy skin a little. But I am 62lbs lighter, so I don't give a damn. :)
    What has helped is weight lifting - nothing crazy but just with work out videos etc. I can see a difference in the skin - it's getting tighter. I am 147lbs (as of my weigh in today :) ) and my highest was 285lbs - if there wasn't saggy skin I'd be surprised.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    I've lost about 80 pounds, and the thing that has made the most difference for me is lifting heavy. I've done some resistance training and light lifting since fairly early in my journey. But since I started actually heavy lifting back in March I've seen huge improvements in my upper arms and belly. And the scale says the same, so no loss of weight, just loss of fat and tightening up of skin since then. (I've been following the New Rules of Lifting for Women workouts, currently in phase 3.)

I do try to stay well hydrated and do moisturize my skin every day. But those have only seemed to help a little. And I would think your results would be even better since you are younger. That really does have an effect on the elasticity of the skin.
  • Hi. There's a non-surgical solution to sagging skin, and the machine has a 90-day money-back guarantee (you have to take before and after pictures of targeted areas). Try the Galvanic Body Spa by Nu Skin. I was at first sceptical as I've seen photos only but my brother told me last week it really worked on him (he goes to the gym and was trying to lose weight but also needed something to get rid of the unsightly sagging skin). Use it with the Galvanic Spa™ II Body Shaping Gel to minimise and smooth the appearance of cellulite. This at-home spa treatment concentrates cellular energy to target pockets of fat and toxins for a more toned, firm appearance. Featuring theobromine and golden chamomile, this advanced treatment helps decrease fat storage and activate fat breakdown, promoting a firmer, more toned appearance. For an extension of benefits, use Dermatic Effects® Body Contouring Lotion between Galvanic Spa™ II Body Shaping Gel treatments. I have the galvanic face spa at home and I only use the attachment for the face as I am slim and so I don't use the attachment for the body. I have been using Nu Skin's beauty range for the past 6 months now and they're well worth it. Search galvanic spa on youtube or google and I think there are thousands of testimonials from people all over the world with photos on-line. You'll be amazed, your skin will look and feel tons better and you'll be confident wearing your bikini on again. Back to yoVisit my website on http://www.tinareyes.nsedreams.com or email me on tinareyes.nsedreams@gmail.com if you are interested. Good luck!

Tina
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Take the weight off slowly and make sure you exercise and drink plenty of water. You're young. It will tighten up. Hey, my skin tightened up and I'm 51. : )
  • brunagota
    brunagota Posts: 38
    I'm super scared too. my body saves all the fat on the uper body and I'm so scared of getting saggy arms. I swimm 3 times a week, plus run and work out 2 times a week.... but how do I know if that is enough to keep my skin from sagging?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    I do try to stay well hydrated and do moisturize my skin every day. But those have only seemed to help a little. And I would think your results would be even better since you are younger. That really does have an effect on the elasticity of the skin.

I work in a day spa, and the professionals here have told me to expect about a year for your skin to bounce back completely. Age plays a great role in the elasticity of your skin, but moisturizing will really help. Massaging the skin itself will also help. I have made a concentrated effort to moisturize and massage my neck area daily over the last few years as I have lost, and I've seen a significant improvement in the skin there...and I'm 44. I do use an anti-aging product on my skin...actually a variety of different products, whatever I can lay hands on at the time. That seems to make a difference. There are great anti-aging products for the body now. Do some research online to see which ingredients to look for. A lot of drug store lines are using some of the same ingredients as the more exclusive skin care lines now. You'll pay more than you will for Jergens, maybe. But the results might be worth it.