New Here-Need Help!!

Options
Hello, I just logged on today. I am trying to take control over the chaos that is my life! I have 2 young children I run all over the state for school, lessons and play dates. My husband works to far away to help day to day. And I work as a financial consultant part-time. It has been so long since I've made myself a priority, I'm not sure I remember how! Any advice on how to re-prioritze would be greatly appreciated. I have started turning down social invitations because I am so uncomfortable with myself!! This is not a healthy situation and I recognize that, just not sure how to change it!!

Replies

• KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The first thing is you need to put some effort in putting you first for a change and no guilt about doing that either.

Sounds like you really can't do it all on your own, so think sbout cutting back some on all the activities, and add activities for you. If you don't take care of self, then you won't be good for anyone else.

You can add me a a friend if you want as well. I 've been on MFP for about a month and it's good people on here striving for the same things......healthy lifestyle
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I know the feeling! It's so hard to put yourself first...I don't have kids, but I have a job that literally controls my life. However, . decided to start putting myself first in life, and I started with doing the little things - at least 1 thing a day just for myself... Sometimes it was something as simple as taking a bubble bath to be able to shut out everything else.
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! It's so hard to put yourself first...I don't have kids, but I have a job that literally controls my life. However, . decided to start putting myself first in life, and I started with doing the little things - at least 1 thing a day just for myself... Sometimes it was something as simple as taking a bubble bath to be able to shut out everything else.

Nice start...keep it up
  • saniyah1
    saniyah1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here also you can add me as a friend also ;)
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I so get it. I'm a mom of 2 (highly active extra ciricular schedules), full time employee (with/45 min commute), and hubby that travels alot on business. HATE the phrase "just a mom", as it takes talent to do the things we as moms do and while doing it make it look easy.

Here are a few things that I've found helpful. 1)fitbit (advertised here, helps keep track of exercise/movement/basic calorie burn), 2)when the kids are at activities, walk, run, do stairs - just move (sure you could organize the to-do list, or read a mag, but time is precious and you can sneak time in there). 3) veggies, veggies, veggies (let the kids have theirs with light ranch, you steam yours). 4) don't eat their snacky foods (usually totally processed, in fact try to move everyone over to fresh fruits, light/low fat). 5) tell the kids you need their help so you can stay on track to be healthier, soon they'll ask you if it's your time to do your exercise and they get mom needs her time too.

Best of luck! I'm doing it and so can you!!