Only 4lbs, visible difference? :))

Options
1 month of sporadic weight lifting and eating right. :) Four lbs lost, but my legs are changing dramatically. :))
(The after shorts are from HS, AND they aren't tight! Happy dance*)

5'7
183 on the left, 179 on the right. :)
1month.png

Replies

• krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow! Only 4 lbs! Your legs do look a lot different! GREAT JOB! Just more proof that the scale isnt always the best success indicator.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference! Weight training will make you gain muscle and that's why you haven't lost a LOT of weight. 4 lbs in a month is still pretty good. It definitely looks like you lost more than 4 lbs; your face is thinner, arms and legs smaller, and by how much further your hand is on your waist I can tell you've lost weight there too.

Great work! :bigsmile:
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love it. I was getting a little disgruntled, until I tried those shorts on on a whim. Hallelujah! Also, the shirt used to be tight and it's almost too big/sack-like. :))
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Yes! Your hips look slimmer for sure! I hope other girls will see this post and get inspired to start lifting also. It's such a great workout for women!
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see it in your legs and arms especially. I'm kind of the same as you - 6 lbs in 4 weeks, although very little change in the last two weeks on the scale, but my legs are like new legs! I have muscles there I've never seen before! just keep at it. And remember that your body is healthier no matter what the scale says.
  • krose21987
    krose21987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Def noticeable! Looks good.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It does look like you've lost more weight. But you've lost a LOT of inches!! WooHoo!! Keep up the GREAT work!!:bigsmile:
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You are amazingly gorgeous! Wow!

And your legs, oh man! Look at the difference in just four pounds!! Glad to have you as such an inspirational friend. :D
  • Dhellia
    Dhellia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight training have you been doing? Do you go to a gym?
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~~ 6 lbs lost in a month and I think I'm doing pretty good!!
  • usedasbrandnew
    Options
    ^ Dang girl! That is NOT what I look like with no clothes... one day! :) I do go to a gym, mostly because I will only exercise if I feel guilty about what a waste of money it would be not to use it. -_- I still only end up going 3-4 times a week, and skipped an entire week while I was in Texas.

I do a day of legs and abs. 3 sets of 10 on each leg machine my gym has, which is about 4. I do at least 3 sets of ten on the hanging ab machine... where you hold yourself up and curl your knees to your chest... idk what it's called. I also do 30 minutes of cardio, currently working through couch to 5k, but I've been doing week 3 for about 3 weeks. I often give up and walk on an incline for the last ten minutes, leg day is rough for running.

The next day I do arms, chest, and abs 3 sets of 10 on each arm machine my gym has, bicep curl, shoulder press, chest press, assisted pull ups and dips, and a couple others... idk what they are called either. I'm terrible. I do my 30+ suspended crunches these days too. I also do 30 minutes of cardio when I do arms... I try to make it more vigorous if I can... but I'm not very gung ho.
  • usedasbrandnew
    Options
    1month-1.png

Over edited the original pictures ... too small!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!