30 day shred-ers, help please.

Options
Hey I'm on level 2 of the 30 day shred, half way done. The thing that's really annoying me is that even though I've been doing this programme properly like everyday and am eating right as well, but I'm still stuck on the same weight (152 lbs) since past 10 days.

Has anyone else been through this or is going through it?

-Reallyyyyy irritated :/

Replies

• beccaboo0713
    Options
    I am on day 17 and have only lost 3 lbs (and I go up and down between one of those). I am looking different though and that's what I care about!

I think it's fairly common to not lose much weight on the 30ds though.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I only lost a few pounds when I did the program. I did lose inches though. Have you measured?
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I know you don't want to hear this, but 10 days isn't THAT long--I did lose 5 pounds in 30DS, but mostly it was due to the fact that I wasn't exercising before I started the program, so my body was in shock. When I hit my month-long plateau, I got through it by doing different exercises--strength training classes, spinning, and HIIT. I know your frustration; I hope that helps!!
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm on level 2 of the 30 day shred, half way done. The thing that's really annoying me is that even though I've been doing this programme properly like everyday and am eating right as well, but I'm still stuck on the same weight (152 lbs) since past 10 days.

I'm on L1 D5 and I've GAINED nearly a pound! How you like them apples? LOL
  • beccaboo0713
    Options

I gained 2 lbs when I first started too. I lost those plus a couple more. It was just my muscles holding on to water for repair. :)
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I gained 2 lbs when I first started too. I lost those plus a couple more. It was just my muscles holding on to water for repair. :)

And I saw your progress pictures and they are amazing! It's pics like those that keep me going, even though I know logically the scale is meaningless and muscles retain water when you start working out for repair, it still gets to me. BUT, never thought once about quitting. I know that I'm doing the right things (cals in check, 30DS + cardio 3x a week) and that I WILL see results, so I just curse at my scale and call it a dirty b!tch just like I do to Jillian sometimes haha.
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options

And I saw your progress pictures and they are amazing! It's pics like those that keep me going, even though I know logically the scale is meaningless and muscles retain water when you start working out for repair, it still gets to me. BUT, never thought once about quitting. I know that I'm doing the right things (cals in check, 30DS + cardio 3x a week) and that I WILL see results, so I just curse at my scale and call it a dirty b!tch just like I do to Jillian sometimes haha.

Lol! I, too, curse Jillian with every spare breath I have while flailing around! :laugh:
  • towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    LOL!