major headache

AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

I have been getting head aches a lot since I have started changing what I am eating. I don't know if thats why but nothing else has really changed in my life. I always eat more than 1200 calories and I drink at least 64 oz of water each day.

I have a bad one today again (and I teach high school so having a head ache isn't great). I am suposed to work out in 2 hours and I just don't know if I can feeling like this.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Maybe you are allergic to something you eat now that you didn't before. Are you using more sugar substitutes? They can cause people to have headaches.
  • Did you get enough sleep last night or could you be coming down with something? Those are the normal reasons I get headaches. How about the timing of your meals... you said you get more than 1200 calories a day, so that's good... but are you eating breakfast lunch and dinner and snacks or lumping those calories into just 1 or 2 meals in a day?
  • Maybe you are allergic to something you eat now that you didn't before. Are you using more sugar substitutes? They can cause people to have headaches.

OOoo... good point. Didn't think of that one but you're right.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    have you cut down on caffeine? That can give you headaches. And sugar substitutes too. But also are you drinking enough water? If you are not hydrated you can get a headache.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    I have stopped drinking soda completly so now that I think about it the head aches started around then. Will they stop when my body gets used to it?

I have been getting a lot of sleep and I don't think that I am sick. I eat larger dinners if I work out but I break it up during the day as well.
    Breakfast: around 300
    lunch: 300
    snack: 300
    dinner: 300-700 depending on my workout.

Thanks :yawn: Its just frustrating because I don't even want to go work out now.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    They should go away as your body works itself off the caffeine etc. If they dont, see your doctor.
  • wolt98
    wolt98 Posts: 62 Member
    I had caffeine withdrawl headaches when I gave up soda about a month ago. I asked a doctor about it and he suggested when I get those headcahes to take over thecounter migraine medicine. It contains a little caffeine and will take your bodys edge off the craving for it! I have not had a headcahe in about five days now so I think I am about done with the withdrawl headaches. Also aspertine(artifical sweetners)] can be a big trigger for headaches for some people.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Maybe you are allergic to something you eat now that you didn't before. Are you using more sugar substitutes? They can cause people to have headaches.

OOoo... good point. Didn't think of that one but you're right.

This happens to me when I drink anything with nutrasweet in it. I even went to the doctor thinking I had migraines before we figured out what the cause was.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    It's caffeine withdrawl
  • Hi there - i read that you are experiencing headaches since eliminating soda from your diet; sounds like a caffeine withdrawal as carrie states; the best way to eliminate that is to slowly ween yourself off: half reg soda; half caffeine free soda for a while until your body adjusts - doctor recommended - doctor was right!! But I think you should listen to your body - if you don't feel well enough to work out - then just walk for about 20 minutes as working out pumps blood, raises blood pressure a little and that will cause a greater headache - take it easy for a few days while mixing the high octane with no octane and see how you feel

nancy:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.