Don't ya hate when..

Options
You know what really grinds my gears?? The fact that men can loose weight and tone much faster than us. So not fair! I mean I understand the differences of why (and there's probably some other facts I'm not considering) but sometimes when I'm working out, I'm like "Gahhh *inhale exhale* all this! *inhale* for a POUND! *exhale*" while the guys loose like 5 pounds in one sitting LOL..Don't get me wrong fellas, I still love you all with your chiseled selves...Just saying :)

Replies

• OneShortBri
    OneShortBri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree! My husband can work out for a week and lose 10 lbs, I've been working out 3-4 times a week for 45 min/day and have lost 3 lbs. Dang genetics... I wish my body would realize that we aren't any where close to wanting babies right now so I don't need child bearing hips, even when I do decide to have babies lol.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You can do it too- you just might get a deeper voice and facial hair with the required protocol. :wink:
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    All you need are a few shots of Testosterone. That'll fix the problem right up! lol
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    I've always felt that way - so I decided to start working out "like a guy." I weight train with serious, heavy barbells and take in a lot of protein.

It's been almost 2 months and I haven't lost pounds, but inches and I'm toning up.

Not as fast as a guy, for sure, but time will tell...

I think a big part of it for me is the confidence that comes with weight lifting. Guys always seem so much more confident in their bodies that I do, and maybe the strength is part of why. Getting stronger makes me feel awesome.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Meh. It doesn't bother me. It's not a competition. Plus, I have plenty of male friends on my friends list who are having just as much of a struggle as me or worse. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    That rule doesn't apply to all of us unfortunately... I've been bustin' my butt for 9 months and haven't had half the progress some people on here have had.

We're all individuals and if you benchmark yourself against others you sometimes have your gears ground. :tongue: Best to focus on what you can achieve and to get the best out of yourself!
  • towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    lol I know right! these hips are bearing anything any time soon! same with that little "pooch" we have thats SUPPOSED to be our transverse abs..that is by far theee hardest part of the body to get rid of
  • towsongrad
    Options
    great perspectives, everyone!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It pays to have a penis when it comes to peeing and working out :)
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    In the time I've lost 13 pounds my husband has lost 20... seemingly on accident! The jerk. But hey, I get to enjoy the effects, so you'll hear no complaints from me!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Working out like a guy helps. I've been working out like a guy for 11 months now and it's really showing now. I love muscles and I'm losing tons of inches. Just remember you have to eat well and it's not all about cardio. Lifting 3x a week is the key to really doing well with slimming down!

at least for me it is.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal the other day and upped my calories to 2470. Dang it! I still weighed a pound less this morning. I'm going to have to make sure I eat enough. I want to cut my BF% down but not at breakneck speed.

Yep, guy weight problems.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options

that's another great point. i hate sitting on the seat in public restrooms and i can only hover for so long! UGH! DAMN YOU MEN!
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options

that's another great point. i hate sitting on the seat in public restrooms and i can only hover for so long! UGH! DAMN YOU MEN!

Sometimes I sit down too fast and sit on my balls. That really hurts.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options

I hate it when that happens. You never realize how heavy you are until you are smashing your own boys.
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options

I hate it when that happens. You never realize how heavy you are until you are smashing your own boys.

From the look of your profile picture, it looks like you just did. I'm sorry bro ::hands ice pack::
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options

But hovering is probably a great excercise!!!!!!!!
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Just sit. I've been sitting for 45 years and haven't caught anything yet. lol OH, and it does stink that men can lose faster than women on average, but not always.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    A lot of them are pretty lucky in that area. When my bf started his cutting this year, I swear within just a couple months he looked much leaner and more defined. Me? Well I'm still the same, bit bigger and more bloated from bulking. But cutting takes forever for me as well. Guess thats why you always see more girls doing cardio. :tongue:
  • towsongrad
    Options
    Yes! the hovering over the toilet trick..its definitely an art LOL