New and looking for motivation!

Options
Hello! I am new to myfitnesspal and I am looking for buddies for encouragement and motivation! I have always struggled with weight and self esteem, and I get discouraged too easily. I am 25, I have high cholesterol and I am overweight. I am trying to lose about 55 lbs, but I am going to take it 10 lbs at a time! I am planning on changing what I put into my body and starting to work out-at home. I can't wait to begin this journey and would love some pals on the same path!

Replies

• Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ME! Me! Pick me! :P I'm new and lookin for buddies, too
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    You can both add me. I spend a lot of time encouraging and being encouraged on the "Home" page. It updates regularly so you can see what people are doing. If you start encouraging others you will get encouragement from at least some of them. Not everyone is super friendly but we can learn from everyone:)

denise:)
  • lovelyJ36
    lovelyJ36 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I'm new as well and I'm also looking for buddies to add. Feel free to add me.
  • riotsgram
    riotsgram Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like to encourage people so you can add me if you like!
  • riotsgram
    riotsgram Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you want to add me I would be glad to help!
  • humblecreativegenius
    Options
    Hi -- would be happy to have more friends who can help motivate each other!!! I have been a member for about a month -- but really only started using it this past week as I have linked up my new Fitbit. I have been on Weight Watchers for about 6 mos, and have lost a little over 35 lbs. - 14-ish more to go, then maintenance, which frankly may be harder than losing, from all I am hearing. The reason I have started picking up the pace here in MFP is that I want to ween myself off of of "points" when I go into maintenance, and this tool has all of the conveniences (scanner, robust database of foods, etc.) as the WW tools. Look forward to hearing your ideas, being a support whenever I can!
  • Tamaroid
    Tamaroid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this site today, so I have a lot to learn here. I'd really like to have some friends who are also looking for friendship and motivation. I truly want to become healthy, not just physically but mentally. I really want this badly, but I am afraid that my motivation will wane. Any suggestions on how to keep that from happening?
  • kimmc73
    kimmc73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joined today- looking for buddies too! I need motivation!
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can add me, im 27 from louisiana. I joined few months back but didnt take it seriously, of tracking weight etc. I'm on a big journey to loose 50-60 pounds. could use some friends on here to modivate me, you can add me if you like

good luck, best wishes...

keep on trucking!

hayley:smile:
  • randiz66
    randiz66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am sort of new and looking for motivation buddies. I joined last year but my heart/mind was not in the right place, I just felt hopeless. Two weeks ago I started using MfP and feel great. Feel free to add me.
  • mijalo
    mijalo Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new also.. Today is my second day. Feel free to add me and I am also looking for friends to add
  • Bmunoz67
    Bmunoz67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me! Just started looking for buddies and getting serious!
  • S_Cronen
    S_Cronen Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not new, but I have just recently started using MFP again so I could use some buddies and motivation as well!! Feel free to add me! I'm 31 and I'm down 13 lbs but it's not where I wanted to be by this time. I still have about 80 lbs to lose. :(
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome..... feel free to add me if you like! Best of luck to you!
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    I've been on here for a little while and it really is a great place. Would love some more friends so feel free to add me as well. We can do this together with motivation and support!!!:flowerforyou:
  • liyuke
    liyuke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    me too ... just a day old ...