Color Run

Options
Ok, just a few more days before my first Color Run. For those that have done this before, what words of wisdom would you give to me, a neophyte color runner?

For those of you wanting to know what the Color Run is, here is a link to their You Tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EERSfHiqT8.

Ok, any words of wisdom?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the SF one in less than 3 weeks. I'd like to hear anyone's experiences, too! :)
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    omg just looked it up!! Seems like so much fun, I wanna play :love:
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    I don't know what it is like yet, I am running on Sunday in Kansas City, MO....I cant wait. I hear you need to bring a towel, old shoe ( the color stains) and the dust from the color makes you thirsty. Also there are lines with the color..so if you want to get a lot of color...maybe running real fast to be the first one at the color area or just take your time....I hope that whoever attends have tons of fun...I plan too!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I don't know what it is like yet, I am running on Sunday in Kansas City, MO....I cant wait. I hear you need to bring a towel, old shoe ( the color stains) and the dust from the color makes you thirsty. Also there are lines with the color..so if you want to get a lot of color...maybe running real fast to be the first one at the color area or just take your time....I hope that whoever attends have tons of fun...I plan too!

Also running in KC on Sunday!!! All of you KC people should add me!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I did a mud run this weekend, and I am doing the Color Run in September, let me know how you like it!!!
    Good luck.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ The only wisdom I have is ... Enjoy it and have fun ! Life should be lived in ... C O L O R ! :smile:
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the philly one a in two weeks! :)
  • In_The_Moment
    Options
    That sounds like a blast ! I watched the video, my school kids would love this ! How do I find out where it takes place ? Any info would be great. Thanks.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a blast ! I watched the video, my school kids would love this ! How do I find out where it takes place ? Any info would be great. Thanks.

http://thecolorrun.com/locations/

voila!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first Color Run in Philly in a week and a half! I can't wait!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I'm doing the philly one a in two weeks! :)

I'm doing the Philly one also! So excited!!!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I want to do this! There is on in Louisville next month that still has open registration! I should sign up. :)
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I did the one in Atlanta in the end of March, and there are a few things I would have wanted to know:
    -Be prepared for stop and go around the color zones..it can become a bottle neck
    -Close your mouth when going through a color zone
    -They don't tell you this, but a lot of people wore their race tee for the race...granted the paint comes out so I don't think it is really a big deal, though. i just wore an old white shirt and the majority came off...definitely not anything special was left...just looked like spots
    -HAVE FUN!! It really is a blast!

Good luck!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I should have read the entire list, there's one at home in CIncy in October! I'm registering now.
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    August 5 Grand Rapids, Mi. Can't wait!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    OK that's a really slick video on You Tube but tells me very little. Still wondering what a color run is. What is the point of a color run? What is that coloured powder and why is it being tossed on people? Is it OK to breathe that stuff in, especially when your lungs are working hard? How did this start and why?

I get that it's a marathon so I wish you all the best! Sorry I can't be helpful except to ask annoying questions!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I did the one in Atlanta in the end of March, and there are a few things I would have wanted to know:
    -Be prepared for stop and go around the color zones..it can become a bottle neck
    -Close your mouth when going through a color zone
    -They don't tell you this, but a lot of people wore their race tee for the race...granted the paint comes out so I don't think it is really a big deal, though. i just wore an old white shirt and the majority came off...definitely not anything special was left...just looked like spots
    -HAVE FUN!! It really is a blast!

Good luck!

Is the Color Run timed? A friend of mine did the Color me rad in Philly and that one is similar but wasn't timed. She said it bottle necked at the color zones as well. Just wondering if we were on the clock for the color run.
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Im doing the one in Charlotte in November. I cant wait.

The Color Run is not timed. Its just a fun run. Website says if you want your time you should bring your own timer.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That looks so awesome Have fun!