What kind of snack do you have after a workout.

Options
AliandTrev
AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
After my bike ride tonight I had a piece of whole wheat toast with natural PB and a 1/2 glass of skim milk. I don't always have something after but tonight I was feeling a bit light headed when I returned home.

Replies

• Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat or drink some kind of protein. One to build up what I lost during the work out, two to keep from feel lightheaded and three to keep from feeling like I'm missing a snack or wanting to eat more after a meal (if that makes sense) :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a Greek Yogurt after running.
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    homemade smoothie with a scoop of protein powder.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat or drink some kind of protein. One to build up what I lost during the work out, two to keep from feel lightheaded and three to keep from feeling like I'm missing a snack or wanting to eat more after a meal (if that makes sense) :)

Same here! I just had a protein shake and a handful of raw almonds.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    different choices
    chocolate ovaltine with whole milk
    banana
    gatorade (only on super beat mode 2k+ calorie burns days when I actually need that stuff)
    Protein shake with milk
    pb on wheat toast

Chocolate ovaltine or protein shake with milk is my favorite though :)
  • janiceover
    janiceover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie....almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 6 oz. frozen berries, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 2 tbsp flaxseed!
    This is delicious....and good after a workout!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    peanut butter in a protein shake
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Normally have a main meal after a workout.

After an a.m. workout: Oatmeal, or today's newest awesome discovery: Wholegrain sandwich with smoked salmon, cream cheese, spinach, 1 egg, 3 egg whites

Arvo workout: A veggie sandwich with either chicken or tuna

Night workout: Either chicken or fish with veggies and buckwheat ramen
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like having LOTS of water and something cool, crisp, and light. Like a green apple. If I'm feeling hungrier than that, I'll maybe grab just a few crackers with cheese, or dip the apple in some PB.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    After strength training, eggs.
    After a long run (2+ hours), chocolate milk and an electrolyte replacement.
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie....almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 6 oz. frozen berries, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 2 tbsp flaxseed!
    This is delicious....and good after a workout!

This sounds good. How much almond milk to you use in it? 8oz?
  • SVallatini
    SVallatini Posts: 49
    Options
    Chocolate milk is what I have after a workout.
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    i usually get home from the gym right around dinner time, so i'll start cooking right away. chicken is my go to. i also enjoy a protein shake with 1/2% milk
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    I usually eat eggs of some sort...just the whites. I'll grab 2 hard boiled eggs minus the yolk, or make a quick egg white and spinach omelette. From what I've been told and read, eggs are a great post workout food.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    protein shake with ff milk, 1 tbs of fat free sugar free chocolate pudding mix, 1tsp of steevia, and ice along with a bananna or apple or sometimes a granola bar :D
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same drink after every workout. 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of oj, 1 scoop of protein powder. If I'm nearing the end of the day and am low on fats and/or carbs, I'll add a tbsp of peanut butter. It's easy to throw into the Magic Bullet. I love it so much, knowing that it's waiting for me at the end of the workout helps me finish strong. Does it make a difference? I don't know, I never go without it to be able to tell. :) It does help me meet my macro ratio.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I do some cardio & weights, occasionally a yoga class ..... if going to the gym after work, then I want my dinner & plenty of it afterwards ...... any other time, I'm happy with a cheesestick, and an apple or some almonds ..... and lots of water :drinker:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    protein shake or banana and peanut butter! yummO
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Whey Protein shake with a banana or strawberries but I was just told that Whey is bad for you :ohwell: has anyone else heard this?
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk - it's the perfect balance of protein and carbs - plus it gives me my chocolate fix!