A new journey

Options
I am new to MFP, and I am hoping to gain my success through the help of MFP and it wonderful members. My name is Beth and I need to lose 73 lbs to be at the suggest weight. That number is very over whelming when it is looked at as a whole, but if I break it down and look at a monthly gaol instead it seems much more reasonable......I have lost weight several times over my life time and then something happens in my life and I go on a eating spree, then before I know it I am so over weight once again.

I do not like the feel of my belliy sitting in my lap, or my clothes being so tight, UGH,,, So today was the first day to a new beginning for me, Actually made it to the gym and did 35 minutes on the treadmill, i know it is not much but it is a start, and tomorrow I will get up and start new again tomorrow, and thn again on the next day etc...

I am in the stage in my life where my children are grow up and don't me like they use too, My oldest is moving out of state to get her Masters, so there is a good chance she won't be coming back home to start her life, So very proud of her that I can't even explain it in words.... So now both of my children have moved out and on with their lives, Now my life has whole which needed to be filled, and I can tell ya FOOD IS NOT THE ANSWER but only the PROBLEM!!

So here is to my new Journey back to the me I used like, I will be the best I can BE and only I can make it happen As I keep to the plan of losing 2 lbs a week it should me 9 weeks to make this happen, but gonna give me the extra 3 months to reach goal,, Sorry was so long.... CHEERS to our new journey to a new life!!!

Replies

• docholwd
    docholwd Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome,
    I haven't been a member very long, but I can tell you this has been the best way to go. I know what you are going through, because both of my girls have lives and families of their own. I just retired and want to start my new life with a new way of living (for the better). My oldest daughter and her husband are members, so I thought WHY NOT try this one (tried every one out there LOL) so far I am losing, and have really seen how bad I was eating.
    So good luck and hang in there. :smile:
  • tenkilos1
    tenkilos1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, my 3 children have all grown up and have families of their own now, 2 are within an hours drive and the other is in far north QLD ,I'm in NSW. I do see the local ones regularly, but it's just my husband and I at home now- oh with 3 dogs and 2 cats :)
    I have just joined this site and trying to work my way around it. We seem to have similar goals and would love it if we can do this together :) My name is Linda, I'm an artist working full time at it.
    Linda:flowerforyou: