whats a good bedtime snack

Options
when you just 'have to' have one? Ive been doing good not eating after dinner, but tonight I just have the munchies...what can I do to pacify it without killing the diet??

Replies

• mspandybearca
    mspandybearca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I enjoy an apple in the evening - it satisfies my sweet tooth and I definitely have one of those!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    berries, I like apples at night too, but I have heard that fruit should not be eaten at night. I do though.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    celery and cream cheese too
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Two glasses of Red Wine :-)

ok, fine...Hummus and Veggies....(boring)
  • eortman
    eortman Posts: 1
    Options
    a cup of jell-o... it's only 10 calories, it's sweet, and you can eat it slowly to trick yourself into believing it's more substantial than it is!
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    If you have the calories left in your daily allotment you could have a spoonful of creamy peanut butter and a square of dark chocolate, one spoonful of mint chocolate chip ice cream (I don't like to double dip or dirty a bowl so I just need one spoonful), a piece of whole wheat toast with a thin spread of nutella, or just brush your teeth and avoid spending those calories on something you're not really craving. I clearly have a thing for chocolate. :tongue:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    ZOmbies say:

19536421_9125.jpg
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    I like to warm up some berries and add some vanilla or honey greek yogurt. So yummy and resonably filling. This is usually my "desert"
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hop over to the shirtless guys thread.
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    dessert* and reasonably* ( I think that's how you spell that one, lol )
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is a favourite of mine, though it's kind of expensive and not available year round.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I normally have fruit and sometimes a granola bar...if I have the calories to eat them.
  • kayrenee411
    Options
    I always do a work out before bed and I'll eat either a peach or an orange and wash it down with 1/2 a bottle of water. If those aren't available...almonds are always good.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ZOmbies say:

19536421_9125.jpg

WTF?!?!? strange....
  • rhonda4444
    rhonda4444 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A skinny cow ice cream!!! You can get them for about 100 calories and they have fiber. A regular size popsicle freeze pop is around 25 calories and a great summer snack. I also love a mixture of sweet strawberries (1 cup 50 calories)and blueberries (1/2 cup about 40 calories) with a little reddi whip (15 calories for 2 tablespoons).
  • maaritaan
    maaritaan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a tiny bit of honey...YUM!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well lately I've been on a cereal kick at night...I figure if I have the calories and carbs, etc...for it why not? It's what I used to eat b/4 bed when I was a kid. I love the Kelloggs Chocolate Crave cereal. It has protein, fiber, whole grains and real chocolate and it's so good! I usually have it around 9 and go to bed around 11 so I'm not having it right b/4 bed but 1 cup of it w/ low fat milk and I'm full and happy till breakfast. :happy:
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tonight it was a milkshake from Dairy Queen! However yogurt or fruit is a favourite.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Almonds - about 6 or 8 is enough to settle my tummy if it's hungry.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ...drink water & go to bed. It will pass. You don't NEED anything that bad.