What are you saving up money for?

Options

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    clothes for when I hit goal weight...hehe

I am in the same boat... but I'm having trouble because I could really use some new clothes right now, but I also want to lose a crapload more weight, so wouldn't the purchase be a waste? :ohwell:
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    tires
    tattoo
    apartment

((literally in that order))
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Travel, to pay for school and to relocate. Not necessarily in that order.
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ya, Ha! What savings? I tried to save up enough to take the kids camping this summer. I can't even pay our bills!!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Savings just went to pay for a hot water heater that broke down. :sad:
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    We are fixing to buy a house, and a vacation on October
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    to visit my husband in korea when he's stationed there next year. :)
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    at the moment i have no piggy bank:sad:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Rent, car payment and insurance. Ooo, and I want rats someday.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    my own home and my dream car
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Saving what is that??? right now my money is pretty tight between a mortgage, a line of credit, student loan, car payment and bills I do not have much money at all. I am hoping that in a few weeks when I get another roommate I can start saving more money... Oh and I am going to re-write my line car and student loans into one loan so its smaller payments fingers crossed and then I will be saving for Warriror Dash 2013 so I can do it with one of my MFP buddies.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ya, Ha! What savings? I tried to save up enough to take the kids camping this summer. I can't even pay our bills!!

ya pretty much
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm saving to pay off my debt. lol
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A car. But its so hard to do when you already have one, even if its not in the greatest condition.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    my wedding, and a house...our first! =)
  • tmielke74
    tmielke74 Posts: 8
    Options
    All three of my kids need braces, so that's what we are saving for at this point. I can't believe how expensive they are.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As for me? I want a door!! LOL

I am dreaming of a new side door for my house because the old wooden side door swells when it rains, and sticks. And then when the weather is dry, it shrinks to the point that it even blows open when it is supposedly locked. I am tired of that and it seems to me that a new metal door would solve these problems. So, I have been daydreaming and browsing through the metal doors online.

I also want one of those keypad deadbolts on the new door. There is a gorgeous one that I have been looking at online, in "antique brass", and I could get a new doorknob to match it. With the new door and keypad entry, I could go for walks without having to take a key. It would also be so convenient at other times, to not have to fish out a key when my hands are full.

I could get it now, but I'm still not sure exactly which door I want.
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just spent a small fortune doing a big renovation inside our home, so now it is time to save for savings sake. Would be nice to have a retirement nest egg so that I don't have to work til I am really old! :-)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Penile enlargement. Then I'm going to have one testicle removed and a lotion dispenser put in.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    - take an expensive course at college
    - new bed
    - house