New and looking for buddies!

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm Jasmine and I just joined MFP. I'm 24 and I have more than 100lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me and read my profile if you're looking to learn a bit about me :). I'm not always online to post but I do have the app on my phone so I will see requests.

Replies

• oldscratch57
    Options
    welcome and good luck! will send a request :)
  • Dreamcatcher49
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined today also. This time I don't plan to eat any frozen diet dinners, but to measure out all of my food. Someone told me once that I should not eat a bagel and a packet of instant oatmeal for breakfast, just one of the other. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome both feel free to add me :)
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Indeed that is quite a bit of carbs, i would suggest plain oatmeal since the instant flavors tend to have alot hidden sugars, plus its full of slow digesting complex carbs that will slowly release through out the morning to give you energy :)
  • naturalbrowndiva
    naturalbrowndiva Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    I just started MFP today as well! I agree. I would say that you probably should have a form of protein like an egg to go with one of them or fruit for some complex carbs (or a smoothie to which you can add veggies and fruit:wink: ). Although both are a good source of energy, if you are looking for a balanced meal plan, you'll want to incorporate different parts of the food pyramid with each meal.
  • lelah85
    lelah85 Posts: 7
    Options
    I also need to lose more than 100 lbs...we can do this. :)
  • staytrue0969
    Options
    Hi! I am new and I am trying to gain some weight because I am very thin.
  • jellybelly67
    jellybelly67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goodluck! After my baby i lost 28lbs. Have managed to keep it off but have decided that i want to lose just a bit more now. Not much just a few lbs tbh but want to monitor it. This is a great website and really helped me keep track of the food i ate.
  • cindyperez15
    Options
    Hi I'm new to my fitness pal and I still need 40 lbs to reach my goal when I first started I weighed 198 today's weigh in the scale marked 163 :) I need new friends to help me through my journey I need tips on eating healthy I'm running out of ideas and I'm getting bored with my diet thanks:)