The cereal diet

Options
124»

Replies

• blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    If I was marooned on a desert island with a box of cereal I'd feed the birds with it and starve to death.

No need to starve. You could lure the birds in with the cereal, then kill and eat the birds.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The 50 kcal a day over thing? ABSOLUTELY! That's why this (mfp) is so useful for me. Agreed. Learning to eat, and accepting that society kind of wants us to be fat, is much harder than skipping/blaming a food group.

It's really neat to see "fads" in diets...I took a cool class at uni involving this and every 30 years or so one macro nutrient becomes the villan or hero, and the cycle carries on. The diets always work, but the keeping off is never accounted for.

Re: rice diet (priticin diet), atkins, low fat (thanks 80's). Kind of a neat perspective. Anyway good luck to all!
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    OMGEEE speaking of cereal....gotta try the Fruit Loops 3 Olives Vodka!!! Taste JUST like fruit loops!!!!
  • jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    Posts like this really concern me.

And you mention that people aren't able to afford to eat a healthy diet, but you can afford the supplements? Please - supplements are there for when you really need them, like someone who has an illness that creates a deficiency. They weren't meant to replace anything.

The majority of vegans I know have to work extremely hard to make up for the protein and iron that they lose by not eating meat. Most vegans will lose weight and feel great for awhile, and then slowly they start to feel like crap. This is because they are not getting what they need by eating a variety of foods. This is one example and there actually is a way to stay healthy and eat right on a vegan diet with some creativity and commitment. I cannot see this diet working out in a similar fashion, considering that instead of cutting out a food group, it reduces you down to few options.