Thoughts and prayers for people in Colorado! D;

Options
Nicci93
Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
I live in Colorado and the beautiful state is burning down. There are evacuations all over the state, hundreds of homes have been burned down, and at least one known fatality =( If anyone else is affected by any of the fires, you and your families are in my thoughts! <3

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have been through 2 fires in San Diego, the Cedar fire in 2003 took my parents house and a couple of my friends houses. Massive wildfires are very scary, I will never forget that week. I hope you stay safe!
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Options
    I just made a post about this and didnt notice this one. My MIL's cabin burned down in the High Park Fire, and I have friends who have lost their homes in the Waldo Canyon Fire. Its devastating. I am in Denver, and my heart is completely broken.
    I live in Colorado and the beautiful state is burning down. There are evacuations all over the state, hundreds of homes have been burned down, and at least one known fatality =( If anyone else is affected by any of the fires, you and your families are in my thoughts! <3
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Been Facebooking a friend for days who lives in Colorado Springs. They are a few miles from the evacuation zone. It's getting really scary.

Luckily they have packed up and have a place to go. This sucks. :(
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    SOOO SAD!!!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    At this point, I'm just watching it come down the side of the mountains towards the Interstate. Once it crosses that...Springs is done :-/
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I've been watching in horror. You are all in my prayers. Belle, do you have someplace to go? I know you just moved there, and other than your brother, your family is out east. :(
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I just moved from CO. It is truly sad that the landscape, wildlife, and people's homes are being overcome by these uncontrollable fires. Wish there was a better way to make it stop now, and I am sure they are doing all they can.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I live in Denver and have been watching all the horrible videos on the news, etc. You can smell the smoke in the air. It's very scary!! Especially with family/friends living even closer to the areas affected. I'm definitely praying these fires will be under control soon!!! =(
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Options
    At this point, I'm just watching it come down the side of the mountains towards the Interstate. Once it crosses that...Springs is done :-/

Let me know if you need anything! I am praying for containment....sooner than later.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked that after years and years of these gargantuan fires, those in charge have not devise any better containment plan? Everytime there's a fire, volunteer fire fighters come out with their squirt guns to battle these 100 foot flames.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A few years ago in San Diego county, my parents, grandma, and uncle (they were neighbors) all had their houses burn down to ashes in a wildfire. It's hard to start over with nothing. Wishing the best for the people of Colorado!!! :heart:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    It's so sad. My dear friend had to leave her home earlier today with her family and pets.