In the Bath

Options
No... there are no pictures ,I had a bath tonight and this is the first time that I noticed in my weight loss journey that my entire body could go under the water,without my gut sticking way out of the water like my own private island....yeah for progress,,Now that I am at a healthy weight there are many things that I am noticing that I can do now that I couldn't do when I was at my highest weight of 240.Does anyone else notice progress like this?It is amazing what makes me happy these days

Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few amusing non scale victories like that coming your way...

When I noticed I can actually fit in the tub without my legs / sides touching the sides that was nice.

When I noticed it took more water to fill up the damned thing...

Not getting winded taking a quick shower was cool too lol
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    Does anyone else notice progress like this?

Yep! Much like xayekim, I've noticed that I displace less water now. ;)

Congrats on your NSV and weight loss!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My bum doesn't touch both sides of our armchair at the same time anymore!! :laugh:
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss progress!

This may sound weird & dunno if anyone else noticed this with themselves too but when I washed my face, my cheeks seemed smaller or different. Also, while washing my buttocks, they felt smaller. I know that sounds really odd, but that's just something I noticed one morning.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I noticed I don't have to come up for air in between cutting each toenail. Gotta hate that when your head turns purple trying to get the last little piggy. :)
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I noticed I don't have to come up for air in between cutting each toenail. Gotta hate that when your head turns purple trying to get the last little piggy. :)

LOL. now that you mention it, I remember that feeling!
    Crazy how we notice little things like this and it make us happy.
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    I had a bath NSV too! In Jan I my thighs were touching either side of the tub, and now there's a good couple of inches gap either side! The scales weren't promising, but I thrive on visual boosts like this! Another was managing to fit into some pants I bought 2 years ago but have never worn. (I didn't try them on at the time and just picked up what I thought was my size, but they were too small!) Oh, and fitness NSVs too are fabulous, such as not being out of breath going up the stairs anymore!
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My bum doesn't touch both sides of our armchair at the same time anymore!! :laugh:

Heheee... yeah this for me, but in the bath rather than a chair :D its a great feeling!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I thought they had made aeroplane seats wider because my thighs didn't squish against the armrests on each side.
    Then I realised that the seats were the same size, I had got smaller. Hooray!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!