A little help

Hello , i just started using MFP , i wanted to know something , if i eat all the calories given in a day , and then i exercise and burn 300 more calories , should i eat these 300 calories more ?

Thanks a lot

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    It´s a qustion with different oppinions. Some say you should, some say you shouldn´t. I would say, try what works best for you. I use to eat for the extra calories. Not directly an answer, I´m afraid, but that´s as close as I can get.
  • leahnic
    leahnic Posts: 3
    Your own choice really, if you're hungry eat them, if not don't eat extra just cause you can
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    There are LOADS of differeing opinions on this site. My take? If my body is telling me 'I'm hungry', I eat some of the calories back. If I am full, even after exercising, I don't eat them back. I am learning to listen to my body. It has stuck with me this far - no matter how badly I've abused it with yo yoing! Good luck on making your decision.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    If you are working within the MFP system, YES!
    If not, do whatever....
    MFP is set up for us to maintain a net calorie intake every day to equal 1 lb of weight loss per week.
    1 pound equals 3500 calories.
    3500 divided by 7 days equals 500 calories per day. Our MFP daily number already has that 500 calories subtracted.
    When we exercise, that green number goes up, because MFP expects us to eat back your exercise calories to keep your net daily calorie intake steady; that's how MFP works. Read this to learn more.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    Follow the recommendations on this site for safe, steady and lasting results.
    Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
    All Is Possible!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    I agree with the others... where you are truly brand new, try one method for say, six weeks. If it is working for you keep at it. If you find that after a couple of months, your body adapts and gets used to it, change it up for another six weeks - if it works keep at it until you stabilize and then change it up again...
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    do what works for you. i eat some back, but not all, but i also burn more than 900-1,200 calories each time i workout. my daily goal is set for 1,600 and i usually eat about 1,700-1,800 when i workout.
  • kadhiim10
    kadhiim10 Posts: 2
    Thanks guys