Young AND motivated, I know it's rare..

Options
Hi, my name is Megan and I just joined this site yesterday.
A friend of mine who I met on another site told me about this site because you can count your food intake AND exercise, I think it's brilliant. However, I would like to meet a few people to kind of have as friends to spur me on my mission, it's pretty lonely when you have to try and lose weight on your own.

I'm 18, I do yoga and just joined a gym near me. I wouldn't mind some tips on how to get over snacking throughout the day..

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan.... Snacking isn't bad as long as you are snacking on the right foods! (i.e. Baby carrots, string cheese, fruit, yogurt, etc.) Sounds like you are on the right track with exercise already! Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • mawlmiias
    mawlmiias Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm only 16 but I could also use some friends for motivation... my goal is to run 5k by the end of September and well if you knew me you would probably be rolling around on the floor laughing right now :P lets just say I'm a little unfit...
    but I am a good motivator and I'm up for a chat any time :)
    feel free to add me :)

ps. I also have the snacking problem but I have found that logging EVERYTHING on MFP helps
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and pretty damn motivated if you ask me ;)
    There's no problem with snacking, just make em healthy snacks :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    "Thinspiration blogs on Tumblr"

not trying to overstep the line but please can you expand on this?
  • FinkImFreaky
    FinkImFreaky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you never come across them before?
    Some people have made blogs on Tumblr purely for sharing diet tips, motivational images and meal plans.
    I'll include a couple I know below:

http://lowcarbthoughts.tumblr.com/
    http://get-thinspiration.tumblr.com/
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Have you never come across them before?
    Some people have made blogs on Tumblr purely for sharing diet tips, motivational images and meal plans.
    I'll include a couple I know below:

http://lowcarbthoughts.tumblr.com/
    http://get-thinspiration.tumblr.com/

No, no I have. The reason I ask is because most "thinspiration" blogs are made by pro anos :/
  • FinkImFreaky
    Options
    Yeah, yeah, I noticed that too.
    One of my friends is seriously pro-ana but I don't look at hers.

The two I linked you to were actually recommended to me by my gym trainer.
  • zhanaolivia
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm only 16 but I could also use some friends for motivation... my goal is to run 5k by the end of September and well if you knew me you would probably be rolling around on the floor laughing right now :P lets just say I'm a little unfit...
    but I am a good motivator and I'm up for a chat any time :)
    feel free to add me :)

ps. I also have the snacking problem but I have found that logging EVERYTHING on MFP helps

Sweetheart, I would really recommend that you don't mention your age while on the site if you want to stay here because they pick it up really quickly and delete your account.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    ooh i like the second one. :) are you doing low carb then or ...?
  • FinkImFreaky
    Options

I'm not entirely sure yet, my mum used to get really weird when I try and cut down on carbs (she assumes I don't like her cooking or something) I'm trying to eat less bread and pasta and replace it with couscous or salad. Apart from that I'm pretty stumped..
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

I'm not entirely sure yet, my mum used to get really weird when I try and cut down on carbs (she assumes I don't like her cooking or something) I'm trying to eat less bread and pasta and replace it with couscous or salad. Apart from that I'm pretty stumped..

You can still eat carbs, but just eat the wholemeal/multigrain version.
    I LOVE my carbs! Expend more calories than you take in and you're good to go! ;)