MFP AND Weight Watchers Points Plus

Options
vonalj
vonalj Posts: 124 Member
Hey I'm wondering if any of you MFP members use Weight Watchers (the new program) along with your daily calorie tracking using MFP?

I'm considering using the WW program. Does anyone know on average how many calories WW allows you? TIA!

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know the answer, just curious to read responses.

(For me, though, I can manipulate the WW program so that I can eat much more than MFP allows, especially if looking at the macros. This is mainly due to the "free" food on WW, which is unhelpful for me as I am still learning how to listen to my body's hunger/satiation signals.)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Most people get around 29 daily points and 49 weekly points, and points roughly average about 40 calories each. And most produce is zero points. Most WWers are taking in around 1850 calories/day on the new plan, I read. It's too many for me, but it's a great plan to learn how to eat well.
  • cutter61
    cutter61 Posts: 16
    Options
    WW allows me 29 points, and realy that is quite a bit
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think if you are going to count calories, why count points too? I think learning your macros, fat carbs and protien from mfp might benefit you more than adding up points that dont really mean anything and the free foods would throw you off as well. No such thing as zero cakorie foods.

WW does have real life support groups and that could be very useful to you if you do better with human motivation than online.

Hope you find something that works for you :)
  • Joyyj
    Joyyj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have changed my calorie tracking to 1200 and then eat unlimited fruit and veggies. Works great in the summer, not sure how much weight I will lose doing it, will see at the end of the summer. Giving it until Labor Day to see.
  • vigilynn
    vigilynn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did the WW pp plan and found I could eat fruit and most veg 'free', which was a disaster for me as I love fruit and veg! As already been said, the amount of calories this allows is too much (for me).
    Im shocked at how many calories are in fruit and veg, so MFP is perfect for me.
  • miss_devon
    miss_devon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did WW and MFP for a while, but for me it was too time consuming to do both, but definitely possible. I ended up quitting WW and sticking with MFP. Like some others have said, most fruit and veg is "free" on WW, I felt like I was allowing myself to eat more because it "didn't count". I wanted to be more realistic about sustainable, long-term weight loss and wanted to track those fruit and veggies because they do have calories and do count. Another plus: MFP is free! :) Good luck!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think if you are going to count calories, why count points too? I think learning your macros, fat carbs and protien from mfp might benefit you more than adding up points that dont really mean anything and the free foods would throw you off as well. No such thing as zero cakorie foods.

WW does have real life support groups and that could be very useful to you if you do better with human motivation than online.

Hope you find something that works for you :)

This.

Calories and macros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Points.

Your body does not work on points, or care what they are.

Set the correct macros and hit them everyday and there is no need for the points system.