I just cant see a difference in myself

Options
Hi all, having a bit of a moan.
Iv lost almost 30lbs and yes my clothes are to big and iv lost inches but I just cant see it physically in myself. I sometimes panick iv just lost 30lbs of water (lol)
Does anyone else feel like this or am I just a bit crazy?!
Xx

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    YES, A BIG YES!!! I have lost 36 pounds and have gone down 2 pants sizes, all shirts are flopping on me, and when I look in the mirror- NOTHING! I still look the same to myself. Even my hubby comments all the time on the different changes he is seeing. Me? Nothing. Hope that changes for us all soon!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. But I took before and after pictures and when I looked at them I could totally see the difference.
  • MandyZacherl79
    MandyZacherl79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the time! Whenever I look in the mirror I still see fat, fat, and more fat! My 13yr old is always telling me that I look better but I do not believe her..
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    At first I noticed a big difference in my body (clothes were too big, lost inches, etc), but the last few weeks I have let that voice creep in and start to tell me I haven't lost as much as I thought I had...that I need to lose more...that I am not as small as I feel...etc. I need to try to stop doing that to myself.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    this is actually a condition... i forget the name of it. LOL i'm serious though! it's where you don't see your body for what it really is. i used to look in the mirror and still see 304lbs even after getting down under 200lbs. it wasn't until recently that i said "damn it, i look good!" now go look in the mirror and say it.. you know you want to. "DAMN IT! I LOOK GOOD!" :happy:
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Only now am I beginning to see a difference. But somedays I still think I look the same as I used to! We will get there.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    do a before and after pic i bet you will see the difference :smile:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the time. Take pictures, it helps.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    it's hard to see the change until it is quite dramatic, which is why it is also easy to put weight on.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I lost over 30 pounds through diet alone early this year. Punched a bunch of new holes in my belt, bought smaller pants (and a new belt), etc, but it still looks like the same fat guy in the mirror.

Since I started lifting weights regularly, on the other hand... those differences are hard to miss. :happy:
  • cefuhrmann
    Options
    Maybe get some new clothes? You might still be seeing the size that the clothes used to fit. Also, visit people you haven't seen since before - they are sure to notice!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It can take awhile for the mind to catch up with your body! Keep pushing and stay focused. You are doing GREAT!
  • Cjgosa
    Cjgosa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yup, I feel the same way when I look in the mirror. I've lost 50lbs, and still see the same me. But I also think that's how I let myself gain so much weight, I was always seeing the same me then as well. I think it's always a good idea to have a picture reference so that the view of myself in the mirror isn't so skewed.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you need to take pictures at different stages, because of course seeing yourself in t mirror every day you will just be used to your body as it shrinks.. but if you compare pictures at different stages, you WILL be able to see a difference..

2 pants sized.. wow thats a lot!!
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    buy a new outfit that fits you and you feel good in. I backslid twice b/c my "fat" clothes were too big and my "skinny" clothes were too tight (I wore them too tight until I started popping buttons when I was gaining weight, I was in total denial) and I felt dumpy. Now when I feel like I'm not making progress I buy a new shirt or something.

If/when I lose weight then I I feel the money I spent on one or two new items was worth it to keep me motivated, and in the meantime I feel better in my clothes!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I rarely see it in the mirror, but I can prove that my body is smaller by trying on old pants, comparing old photos to new ones, fitting better in the bathtub, being able to cut my toenails without so much ME in the way, and so on.
  • lissaann22479
    Options
    You are not alone, I feel the same way and sometimes I wish I could remove all of the mirrors in my house. Those mirrors play head games with me every day.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have lost 42 pounds and I haven't really seen a big difference until I saw a picture of myself this past Saturday in a bathing suit and I thought wow I did lose a lot of weight. People keep telling me that I am getting really skinny. I just have a hard time seeing it because I still have a stomach. I think that is part of my problem.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think because you see yourself every day, it is hard to notice the change since it happens over time. That is why people take the before, during, after pics. I printed out a picture the other day from last Fall and hung it on my fridge as a reminder. It is amazing when you compare photos.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It happens to a lot of ppl (including me). It takes a while for the brain to catch up with the body!!