Knee Problems?

Options
lind3400
lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
In the past month or so I've been doing a lot of exercises like Kickboxing, Crossfit and Running that have a high impact on my knees....now I'm feeling soreness in my knees when I go up or down stairs, walk on do squats...
Should I be worried and cut down on those exercises or is there something I can do to prevent/fix it??

Replies

• blubex
    blubex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I struggle th my knees - especially from the cross trainer/squats/lunges. A few years ago this was a pain right inside my kneee which was agonising and I saw a physio who found my knee cap was too far to the left. Nowadays it is more muscular so I find I can do 2 days on then 2 days off - on my 2 days off I try to do upper body stuff instead.

Not really an answer to your question I know but maybe if you try rotating your workouts you might see the pain start to ease :-)
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    As a person who needs a knee replacement (it is bone to bone) since I started exercising on 3rd Jan 2012 I now lunge, squat, AND do 1 legged squats. Yes I get a bit of pain but it is muscular. Before starting this I was contemplating using walking aids!

Can I suggest you or someone perhaps looks at your form. However, if the pain is sudden, sharp or excrutiating then stop and get medical advice asap.

Hope that helps.
  • blubex
    blubex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i