cauliflower mashed potatoes...WOW. surprisingly good

Options
MrsBailey149
MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html

I used lite cream cheese and skipped the butter completely, but added some shredded cheddar.

They turned out amazing. My boyfriend and daughter loved them. I couldn't believe how much they tasted like real mashed potatoes...I'm hooked!

Replies

• heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • friend2cptsolo
    friend2cptsolo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this for mashed potatoes. They hold a lot of moisture so I think your idea of putting some shredded cheddar in them sounds like it can thicken then up a little.

Are you going low carb??
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I made homemade mac and cheese the other day and used the Green Giant cauliflower and cheese pureed with milk and Laughing Cow cheese wedges along with some shredded cheese. My kids loved it.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to try these, I keep saying I'm going to and then I forget to get cauliflower when we go grocery shopping.

This weekend, I'm making them! Thanks for posting!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make these for us when she was on weight watchers years ago. I loved them! I wonder if I can slip these by my husband who refuses to eat cauliflower because "it looks like brains."
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    These look delicious! I will have to give them a try. Thanks for posting.
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I miss mashed potatoes once in a while - this may be a good alternative. Thanks for sharing!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    THAT SOUNDS REALY GOOD.
  • TinamarZDF
    TinamarZDF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You won't be able to fool him but he'll probably love them. My self proclaimed "meatatarian" husband gobbles these up!
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    This really is good. Just be sure to really mash up the cauliflower. "chunks" of cauliflower will taste like cauliflower. fully mashed it's like potatoes.
  • VitaBailey
    Options
    You won't be able to fool him but he'll probably love them. My self proclaimed "meatatarian" husband gobbles these up!

LOL Whenever I ask my husband what vegetable he wants with his meal, he says corn. ;) Luckily, he works late a lot so I can eat real vegetables without him freaking out.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I just printed off the recipe plus put it in my Foodnetwork recipe box.
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a book called "The Sneaky Chef" and you can also sneak in some zucchini. Puree it with the cauliflower with a few tablespoons of water and some lemon juice. You can also add the puree to Mac 'n Cheese and SpaghettiOs for the kids. You can't taste it, but will get the health benefits. You can also purree white beans and sneak it in the same way.
  • VitaBailey
    Options
    This really is good. Just be sure to really mash up the cauliflower. "chunks" of cauliflower will taste like cauliflower. fully mashed it's like potatoes.

Ok, I don't have a food processor or immersion blender. I can pick up an immersion blender but from what I remember, my mom used to mash by hand. She was hard core in the kitchen.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    they sound really good - will give them a try
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    MY BEST FRIEND TURNED ME ONTO THESE AND HOMEMADE FLAX MEAL PIZZA CRUST AND I SWEAR I JUST COULDNT GO BACK, THEY ARE BOTH SO WONDROUSLY AMAZING! GOOD SHARE
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :) thank you!