50 Days No Sugar Challenge

Options
ajhr
ajhr Posts: 92 Member
Hi all,
A friend of mine got me on to this challenge commencing July 1:

Reduce your intake of juice, soda, ice-cream, lolly/sweets, pastries, white processed carbs, diet products and sugar in coffee/tea. Opt for wholegrain carbs and fresh produce washed down with loads of H20. 50 days from July 1 2012.

The challenge is run by Natalie Carter of New Outlook Fitness in Sydney, Australia (disclaimer: I do not know her, nor have she and I ever exchanged money). You can register for the challenge via her website: http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/
Registering will sign you up to receive email updates.

I'm all signed up and raring to go; is anyone interested in joining me? :happy:

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    that doesn't sound like much fun. just sayin.

but, if you wanna go for it for whatever reason, good luck.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i already do low carb.. so uh.

but no diet drinks? HA! i'd be so dehydrated.
  • betterme1291
    Options
    Eh if my birthday wasn't during the challenge i'd consider doing it... idk maybe
  • tazzamac
    tazzamac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds great and is similar to a clean diet anyways. Good luck with it! I would like to do it but don't have much faith in myself at the moment to not give in to my chocolate addiction!

I have actually significantly lowered my 'added' sugar intake lately though, but I'm just wondering what her take is on fruit? My 'cleanish' (!) diet has me eating a lot of fruit because it's natural and I love it, but it keeps my overall sugar intake quite high. Does she tell you to cut right down on it?
  • anku08
    anku08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hey i wud like to join it... how cn i register?
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    lol.

Might as well try the No Air Challenge after you're done with this idiotic endeavor.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    That doesn't actually sound too dissimilar to how I eat anyway! I'm not a great fan of sugar and try and avoid it in processed foods - so like you've said, I'll try and opt for wholemeal/grain rather than white (though pasta and rice I will still go for refined - but that's more to do with my boyfriend's preferences as we eat/live together). I've never been a fan of fruit juice (I was the kid that always watered it down) and if I have refined sugar now I tend to get a bit hyperactive and I can't sleep!

I find cutting cakes, chocolate, sweets etc fairly easy as I don't have a sweet tooth (I might be lucky like that) but my sugar does come in these forms...

Alcohol
    Birthday/Occasion Cake
    Fruit

However I DO use aspartame sweetener and drink diet soda on occasion which can also be controversial for some people, but it's my personal choice.
    : )
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Reduce your intake of juice, soda, ice-cream, lolly/sweets, pastries, white processed carbs, diet products and sugar in coffee/tea. Opt for wholegrain carbs and fresh produce washed down with loads of H20. 50 days from July 1 2012.

The challenge is run by Natalie Carter of New Outlook Fitness in Sydney, Australia (disclaimer: I do not know her, nor have she and I ever exchanged money). You can register for the challenge via her website: http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/

I've been doing it for a few months now, you enjoy the experience and weight loss :)

I don't do any kind of grains either ... I know, completely bonkers, I shall die of a clogged colon or something ;)
  • ajhr
    Options
    Sounds great and is similar to a clean diet anyways. Good luck with it! I would like to do it but don't have much faith in myself at the moment to not give in to my chocolate addiction!

I have actually significantly lowered my 'added' sugar intake lately though, but I'm just wondering what her take is on fruit? My 'cleanish' (!) diet has me eating a lot of fruit because it's natural and I love it, but it keeps my overall sugar intake quite high. Does she tell you to cut right down on it?

My understanding is that you can have 1-2 serves of low-sugar fruit (apples, berries, grapefruit, rockmelon/cantaloupe - there may be others?) per day. For some, that will mean cutting right down. For others (myself included), it will mean focussing on specific varieties.

Re: chocolate addiction - It's called a challenge for a reason ;)
  • ajhr
    Options
    hey i wud like to join it... how cn i register?

Hey,
    Just go to http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/ and hit the link to register. Good luck!
  • ajhr
    Options
    lol.

Might as well try the No Air Challenge after you're done with this idiotic endeavor.

Do you have a link for that one? I'm intrigued.
  • ajhr
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been doing it for a few months now, you enjoy the experience and weight loss :)

I don't do any kind of grains either ... I know, completely bonkers, I shall die of a clogged colon or something ;)

Grain-free doesn't sound too crazy to me, but then, I'm Coeliac ;)

Glad to hear you've had a positive sugar-free experience :)
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! It's going to be awesome!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I'm in....but I have been eating like this since march.....and love it. I only drink water too.
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join in. This is how I am trying to eat, and having never done a challenge before it will be good for me!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Register for this challenge at http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/