Need a kickstart

Options
Hi everyone!
I've been using MFP for awhile now, but only yesterday decided to have a look on the website to see what goes on, instead of just recording what I eat on my phone app.

When I first started using it I lost about 7 or 8lbs within a month or so but then it sort of fizzled out! I have the ability to control what I eat but I live with my partner who has a physical job and because of this can literally eat whatever he wants when he wants!

I am not a fan of the gym, although have recently been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and have found this to be really good, but I need some inspiration and guidance to stop me from dipping my hand in the cookie jar for the sixth time in 5 minutes!

I want my own success story!

I am about 5'5 and 144lbs, doesn't sound a lot and I know there ae people who have bigger mountains to climb, but for me it's still a mountain, and after being about 126ls for so long, I don't feel comfortable in my own skin.

I've smartened up abit now, no more stupid eating habits and diet pills! Someone help me do this the right way! The MFP way!

Thanks!

Replies

• Alymom2008
    Alymom2008 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I struggle with motivation too. When I get stressed, food becomes my outlet. I reached my goal weight last summer, but now I fluctuate with stress and "falling off the wagon". I need a kick in the butt too! Feel free to add me. I think the support of people here and being accountable with your food journal really helps. Even when I have a 5 cookie kind of day, I add it for the world to see...Knowing people are looking at my journal makes me double think my hand hittng that jar again! Lol - feel free to add me and we can kick each others butts..:)
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can both feel free to add me! I love to help support and motivate my pals on MFP. This site has helped me so much in being accountable and following through. Having a support system is key!! I also have a husband who can eat whatever he wants and all he has to do is say he wants to lose a pound and he loses 3! Fortunately he is supportive and has encouraged me every step of the way and tells me not to buy the sweets/junk so I won't be tempted.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I keep myself motivated by taking it day by day. Instead of looking at the whole mountain, I look at the next 5 steps. It's worked for me so far!
  • msrobinson77
    msrobinson77 Posts: 177
    Options
    Ladies, you can all add me. I started with a goal of 25-30lbs. I was really motivated for the first 6 months, but lost steam. Since I am in the "healthy weight range" for my height, I switched my calories to "maintenance" and am tring to work on toning. I like the way I look in clothing (most of the time) but everything jiggles! Good luck!!