Setting Goals to make it happen - Peep talk to Myself.

Options
I've hit another wall.
A realization that I have to stop drinking.
I dont really drink much but because of the fight with depression and anxiety I have found myself vunerable when I do.
Explianation. I usually only drink 2 drinks and no more, that is my limit - peroid. But Three times in less than a week I have over indulged. I cant do this.
Reasons: 1. My kid. First and for most. Addictions run in my family, Alchol can not be mine. Its destructive if not contained correctly.
2. My liver. She would kick my *kitten* if I started becoming that bad.
3. My weight/health. Plain and simple - I can contribute my 'sweet' tooth to this. Its like cake, which I love that too but I dont need to eat it everyday, or week or even really once a month. though I can sit and eat a whole cake - I dont. Even though I want to...

Along the lines of so many other reasons, but its one of those things like with the eating healthy. It has to be my decision. My decision today is to go without it. I dont drink as often as I thought BUT there can't be any more weeks like this. I will allow myself ONE drink a month. - One glass - no more. And that is only if I go out to eat somewhere and you know maybe not even then . I will not buy wine for the house. I will not buy beer for the house.

Yes, this is a peep talk to myself, or just a promise to myself to do better. This week being my first real full week of trying to get back in shape as been a struggle emotionally and physically.

I did get my fitness ball and I haven't been Logging my exercise on it cause its been sporadic. Plus, my son and I get a kick out of just trying to stay on it. BUT its wonderful for my abs.

I will be taking a before picture maybe today. Then Goal is in 90 days. (set by my mom) who wants us to get fit together - we will workout once a week and try are best to get in shape. I would like to tone my fluffy abs. :) I can live with the rest of me except my belly. That is my goal. 90 days from today. September 26, 2012 - I will meet my goal. I will do this! We can do anything!

Always honest with my faults and accepting of who I am, but will always strive to be better.

Replies

• Charliew63
    Options
    I really really admire you for your honesty. You should be so proud of this! You should be proud of you, you are awesome.
  • PangelJ
    PangelJ Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you, that is one thing I have to say I am glad to be open about, I'm up front about things. Lying to yourself is denial, which prolongs anything and is never good either way.

I hope people see this as a motivation to know - Its ok to fail, fall or hit the wall. We all do it but we keep going. :) Thank you again your comment has made my day :happy: :happy: