Need Fancy Low-Cal Dessert for July 4th Picnic

Options
I have a picnic to go to on the 4th and I was assigned dessert - ugh!
I want to take something fancy, but low cal.
Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Mary

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Pound cake with fresh berries?

If you'll be able to keep it in a freezer or refrigerator until it's time for dessert, what about a lemonade pie topped with strawberries or raspberries. I'd have to google a recipe, but the ones I've seen made were vanilla ice cream, lemonade mix and cool whip mixed together and frozen in a graham cracker crust - you could use low-cal/healthy versions of all those things.
  • katieandstuart
    Options
    How about some fresh strawberries, meringues and low fat greek yoghurt? Healthy and tasty!
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mix and bake according to box directions in 13x9 pan:
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in natural juice, no sugar added
    1 box dry angelfood cake mix (Don't add any of the other listed ingredients on the box.)

Let it cool.

for the topping just cover with cool whip and toasted coconut. Now you have a Pina Coloda Cake :)

194 calories per serving.
    12 servings from a 13x9
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i love the sound of this recipe. gonna try it for my 4th of July.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    they all sound yummy!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i made this today except i made them as cupcakes and a loaf bread. i skipped the cool whip and added: a couple slices of mango cut up into small pieces, one peach cut up into small pieces and walnuts (half cup). gave 8 of the 12 cupcakes to a friend who LOVED them.
    Mix and bake according to box directions in 13x9 pan:
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in natural juice, no sugar added
    1 box dry angelfood cake mix (Don't add any of the other listed ingredients on the box.)

Let it cool.

for the topping just cover with cool whip and toasted coconut. Now you have a Pina Coloda Cake :)

194 calories per serving.
    12 servings from a 13x9