Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is anyone familiar with New Rules of Lifting for Women and

Loulady
Loulady Posts: 511 Member
New Rules of Lifting, original flavor?

I've been trying to find a good comparison of the two online, but not coming up with anything helpful. Since the premise of NROLW is "lift like a man", are there really any major differences in the workout programs? Any compelling reason to get one over the other?

Replies

• starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    I don't have either but I went to books a million and they had the original and new rules of lifting for life (I think that was the name of it) I wasn't sure what to get so I figured I'd order the NROLFW from amazon. Plus I think it was cheaper but can't really remember now. If there's no difference though I might just go pick one of the others up today so I can read it while I'm on vacation.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    I have read NROL4W and I am currently following it at the moment, I do own NROL but have only flipped through it.

There will be similarities between the two, i.e. free weight lifts like squats, deadlifts, lunges etc. I believe NROL has a couple of plans depending on your goal and a little bit on nutrition where as NROL4W is a 7 stage 6 month lifting plan with quite a bit on nutrition aimed at getting women to lift heavy.

:)
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    Interesting... Never heard of it. I am going to look into it... I currently lift moderately i guess. Each time I start a new plan, I start light high reps the 1st 4 weeks, next 4 weeks add 5 lbs or so, lower reps and etc etc.