Snack ideas?

Options
I'm a big snacker and I don't think that's going to change, but I'd rather snack on something better than chips! Not very into sweets though so sometimes fruit just doesn't cut it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What's your favourite healthy snack?

Non dairy would be appreciated as I'm lactose intolerant but anything is helpful :)

(PS. Sorry if there's already a thread for this, I only started using the site yesterday.)

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!

You get the crunch and saltiness of chips without the added fat and calories. Plus it's whole grain!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas and roast broad beans
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hummus with carrots and apples, pistachios
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker crisps : 110 calories for 27-30 chips depending on flavor.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes!!! The ones I grabbed are made from brown rice and they come in different flavors. They don't have a ton of calories and still get the dry crunch I crave without eating potato chips.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I usually go for baby carrots, baked tortilla cut into sections, or wheat thin stix each with laughing cow to dip. laughing cow rocks and comes in different flavors. if i crave sweet chocolate caramel chex mex... portioned of course! i dont deprived myself of anything i crave just proper portion it and work it into my caloric intake. i am not a big chip eater... my hubby brings in bags and bags of chip and i could care less to eat them, i'd rather do the popcorn thing. if you want salty goldfish has whole wheat salt n vinegar now. i learned preparing fruits and veggies ahead of time and having them container handy in the fridge is a good way to go... just grab and go.
  • erinhayley
    erinhayley Posts: 10
    Options
    You guys are the best, thanks :)

Totally forgot popcorn existed! What an idiot. Such a good suggestion.

Also I don't recognise some of the brands/products but I think you guys just have incredible snack options in America (I'm in Australia) and you should all know that I'm crazy jealous. Goldfish look amazing, I wish they were a thing here.
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have a big glass of water and then a smaller snack. I love garlic and herbs spread over mountain bread, baked in the oven. Nuts. Fruit.
  • hyper24
    hyper24 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi...

I usually don't snack much, but these are the ones I could think of...

-- Kallo wholegrain rice cake with peanut butter and jam (just a lil bit)
    -- Low fat hummous (you get lot of yummy flavors) with carrots
    -- Protein bars (make sure you check for sugar content)
    -- Dark chocolate with strawberries (portion control !)
    -- Mixed nuts (limit to 25-30 grams a day)
    -- Peanut butter with fruit of your choice.
    -- Sliced cucumber with salt and pepper.

Note: Make sure you go for all natural peanut butter.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    - popcorn
    - rice cakes
    - veggies (carrots and celery and cucumbers are pretty easy)
    - low calorie, portion controlled "snack packs"
    - leftovers from dinner
    - portion controlled nuts (they can be high calorie so not too many)