It hurts so bad

Options
My moher died yesterday at the age of 56. Im sorry this is not about food or weightloss but i need support from every direction. My mom was my best friend. My life has totally fallen apart in 23 hours. She died in her sleep. I have this huge hole in my heart, I never experianced a close family member dying, and the first one just had to be my mother. Im only 21 I still need a mom. My son was her whole world. I knew I made her so proud. we worked together at the hospital and I just got promoted to mother-baby/L&Dwhere she works...now I dont know if I can. Im going to school to be a RN because I knew thats what she wanted. It hurts so bad to know she wont be here for anythig now. please help, give me advice,just tell me what to do.

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling, its actually killing me just thinking about it becuz my mom too is my best friend. I only see her 2 or 3x a year because we live on different continents. I always worry while I'm away that something will happen to her or my dad. I'm 22, haven't gotten married or have kids, so I always pray to God to give her enough years to atleast meet her grandchildren. I guess you can take some comfort in knowing that she did meet and interact with your son and got the chance to love him and care for him.

I cannot give good advice cuz I would be a mess, but all I can say is to keep making ur mom proud. She wouldn't want you to fall apart because of her, she'd want to see u reaching for ur goals...

My deepest sympathy goes out to u. :cry:
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you nolachick. I just put some of her pics on my profile. she was such a beautiful and wonder ful women. She would do absolutly anything for her children. Everyone please call and tell your mother you love them tonight. Please do it for me.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, what a shock it must be. It's hard to find the right words to help, this is such a personal thing. Try to think what she would want you to do and carry on with your life with your son. I wish you well and hope for your healing.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Thank you nolachick. I just put some of her pics on my profile. she was such a beautiful and wonder ful women. She would do absolutly anything for her children. Everyone please call and tell your mother you love them tonight. Please do it for me.

She does look lovely. Since I don't see my mom but 2x a year, we talk everyday more than once a day and sometimes I am foolish to get annoyed by it, but I definately will not take her for granted anymore.
  • AsianTexan
    AsianTexan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I can hear the pain and grief in your words. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing either of my parents. You will be in my thoughts and prayers this week. My heart goes out to you! :cry:
  • aurn79
    aurn79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!:cry:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you :cry: I am so sorry for your loss.

Renny
  • wesw
    wesw Posts: 5
    Options
    Condolences. Remember to take time for yourself. Grieve in your own way and time. There is no right or wrong way. Take care of yourself. Some suggestions: talk about it and how you feel with friends and family; keep a journal; write down all the wonderful things about your mom; share with others things about your mom. Do what feels right and keeps you healthy (mentally and physically). Posting about it and looking for support is great. I lost my mom almost three years ago. I miss her still.

Take care.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I am so, so sorry. There are no words to express how very sorry I am for your loss. I cannot give you any advice... I wish I could... only that in reading your post, I can only imagine the pain you are feeling.

I am just so terribly sorry.
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I know that there is little that will make you feel better right now, but know you are not alone. Seven years ago my dad died unexpectedly at age 49. Everyone has their own way to grieve, and don't let anyone tell you you are doing it wrong! I still have plenty of days when I cry and get mad that he's no longer here. The only advice I can give you is to keep your head up, do the best you can do, and lean on those who love you!
    :heart:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooooo very sorry for your loss. You have to be devastated. My heart hurts for you. I lost my dad at 16, he was 53. It hurt bad, but I just lost my mom a couple years ago and even though I am 25 years older then you it was very hard. I miss her everyday, I think it is the mother/daughter bond. It sounds like you were very close to your mom, that is awesome. Not everyone is blessed with such a loving, nurturing, relationship with their mother. That speaks to your character. Try to remember her love and keep her spirit alive. Life isn't fair sometimes but you have to go on, your mom would want that. Let yourself grieve. Don't let anyone tell you how much or how long to mourn. You need to give yourself time to heal, it will come with time. You can honor your mom by being the best mom you can be to your child. I just don't have any words that will make you feel better right now. If you need to don't hesitate to seek professional counseling to help you with your grief at this most difficult time in your life. Don't change jobs, don't make any major changes while you are so raw. Good decisions don't come while you are so emotional. I will be thinking and praying for you in your family. Hang on to those you have close to you and find solace and peace that God won't give you more then you can handle though it may seem like it right now.

Carmen
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    oh, i am so sorry for your loss! i can only imagine what it must be like to lose your mother. i wish i could help you! :ohwell:

be thankful of the time you did have, think of the good times you had together, think of the wonderful fact she was able to meet her grandson and be in his life! remember the good times, they help us through the bad. if u need us, we are here for you!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Reading your post is making my heart hurt, and I'm about to cry. I haven't experienced what you're experiencing right now, but I am so very sorry for your loss. The best advice I could give you is to grieve how you need to grieve, remember that there are people out there who completely adore you and will never stop giving you a shoulder to cry on, and that your mother loves you with every bit of her heart. Never cease to be thankful for your son and show him the love your mother has shown you. You're in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I can't even finish reading your post because I just could not imagine losing my mother and cannot imagine the pain you are facing. I don't know you but I am sorry to hear about your loss and hope you can stay strong and think of all the good memories you have with your mom.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    :heart: I want to send you my deepest sympathies. :heart:

I can let you know from experience it's a very difficult thing to deal with. I lost my mom when I was 19years old and she wasn't sick or anything, she happened to pass in the car while my father was driving. She had a asthma heart attack (as stated on the death certificate). My world changed forever and I had to take on alot of responsibility quickly.. At the time my brother was 14years old and my dad couldn't care for himself, he's not self sufficent. I had to become mom for both of them and it was hard. I stood strong for the family and did everything that had to be done to keep us together and get thru it... My brother went to counseling for a few months and my dad took it very hard but did speak to a counselor also. I personally didn't because I dealt with it in my own way by just making sure the family was taken care of and provided for. After years went on things got a better... now that it's almost 13 years later we have become stronger then ever.

It will be the little things
    that you will remember,
    the quiet moments,
    the smiles, the laughter.
    And although it may seem
    hard right now,
    it will be the memories
    of these little things
    that help to push
    away the pain
    and bring the smiles
    back again.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,
    From my family to yours
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that this has happened. I lost my dad when I was 15 and he was only 47. I know it is a horrible feeling but with time it does get better. I miss my dad everyday, every holiday, every birthday. What you need to remember are the good times you had with her. You will get through this and know that she is looking down at you with love.

Take some time off of work to gather your thoughts. Time will heal your wounds but keep her memory alive by sharing her with others. My heart goes out to you.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I feel like I know you from seeing your picture and posts on here. You always seem so upbeat and fun and I know you were just talking about wanting to have another baby. Your words in this post convey how unspeakably devastated you are right now and I'm sorry I don't have words to make it better. Every single one of us has to face our friends' and family's deaths at some point unless our death comes first. And all we can do is cry and pray and try to keep breathing and functioning and take this time to take stock. Like you were saying asking everyone to tell their mother they love them tonight. It gives us a chance to evaluate the life we're living.... who we wanna be, what we wanna do, and how we're treating people in our lives. It puts everything in perspective. I'll say a prayer for you right now and will pray for comfort and peace and that you will gain the perspective your mom wants you to have and even in grief, will find a blessing.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • calvarado
    Options
    BossyGirl-
    My heart breaks for you during this awful time. It makes me want to call my own mom right this second. I am so, so sorry to hear you are going through so much. I'm 29 and can't imagine ever not needing my Mom. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Nothing is going to sound right to say to you now, but I pray for comfort and strength for you and your family. Love every second with your little one- she lives on through them!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I lost my Mom suddenly at the age of 21 also. I'm sorry for your loss, and don't hesitate to message me. :flowerforyou:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my grandmother a while back and it took a long time to really hit. So I would say to be around those you love and those who love you. Remember your mom, and honor her memory. And don't forget that if you need time by yourself take it, don't feel bad. You have to find a way, somehow to move on. If not for yourself for your son.:cry:

Try to remember that she is in a better place, no suffer just joy. Be strong.