Is it True

Options
That Drinking water with lemon in it is good for you and helps you flush out water weight ??? My grandma has always said add lemon to my water and i always wondered why what can a lemon do but know i hear it on the news and on websites that lemon water can help you by flushing out toxins and water weight!!! Does anyone know if this true or do it ?

Replies

• vanessadawn
    Options
    not sure, but water itself flushes water weight. So it is probably just the water doing it's magic, not the lemon although the added flavour kick is nice!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The lemon can make the water easier on your tummy because it is acidic just like your tummy. This helps break the surface tension of your stomach acid.

Which may (or may not) lead you to drink more water, which should aide in weight loss.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon is refreshing but I've never heard of a slice or two of lemon flushing out toxins
  • jhb090107
    Options
    I will add lemon to my water to cut the metallic taste tap water has in some places. I would watch out for flavored water hidden sugars tick me off - if I'm gonna intake a sugar it better be worth it!
  • Being_Healthy
    Being_Healthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Adding lemon juice (pure juice from a squeezed lemon) to water can be beneficial.....for preventing kidney stones and for helping to clear up acne.

I don't believe that it would make a huge impact on weight loss, unless it was the only thing you were taking in all day which of course would not be a good idea!!