Yurbuds, Shure, Ultimate - Headphone debate

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I want earbuds for my very little ears that do not fall out. These three brands seem most highly recommended. Ultimates seem very expensive, where as yurbuds cheapest. I don't really get how the yurbuds stay in as they look really hard, but what do I know ;)

Suggestions?

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I got yurbuds a couple of months ago. The piece that "locks" into your ears is flexible rubber. They are comfortable and work great... Until I get sweaty. Then I'm constantly pushing them back in my ears. But they are much more effective than the over the ear ones I had before.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I've had zero luck with earbuds that are just supposed to stay in your ear and even less when trying to do something like run or lift weights. I say get something with at least an ear loop or go with the most awesome headphones I've ever owned:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/skullcrushers-black-pinstripe

The in-line bass amplifier gives an awesome boost if that's your thing, but you can turn it off. Good noise cancellation, good sound, and the lifetime warranty covers them if you ever have some mishap or just a crazy jam session. I had a pair where the sound started randomly going out on one side. I got in touch with customer service and within a week or two had a completely new set.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I have Yurbuds Blaze. They go behind the neck, no way they can fall out. I need two hands to take them off.
    Seems Yurbuds doesn't make them anymore but I found them at Best Buy for about $30.

317tJZAkANL.jpg

Listed on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Yurbuds-Ironman-Blaze-Behind-the-Neck-Earphones/dp/B0060NOAPW/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340219897&sr=1-13
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    If I'm exercising outdoors, I use the Sony MDR-J10 Over-the Ear ear buds. , I want to hear if anyone is coming up behind me or something and these don't isolate the sounds.

If I'm trying to block out noise at work, I use JVC Marshmallows. Cuz at work, I need to drown out noise.

At home, I have massive headphones that block out all noise. I mostly use this for gaming.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I've had zero luck with earbuds that are just supposed to stay in your ear and even less when trying to do something like run or lift weights. I say get something with at least an ear loop or go with the most awesome headphones I've ever owned:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/skullcrushers-black-pinstripe

The in-line bass amplifier gives an awesome boost if that's your thing, but you can turn it off. Good noise cancellation, good sound, and the lifetime warranty covers them if you ever have some mishap or just a crazy jam session. I had a pair where the sound started randomly going out on one side. I got in touch with customer service and within a week or two had a completely new set.

I love the skull candy ones as well.
  • mrangelicguy
    Options
    yurbuds, yurbuds, yurbuds. Seriously, they are the best and others don't even come close.