Chia seeds

Options
aprilgrl27
aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
Other than Whole Foods, where do you guys purchase them? I want to try them. Also, what do YOU like to add them to?

Replies

• MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon...and I add then to yogurt - and put them in my refrigerator oatmeal.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I order off amazon and put in my yogurt/oatmeal in the morning.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My friend found some at TJ Maxx and puts them in her cereal.
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I buy them at bulk stores and use them to thicken recipes. ex. oatmeal, pasta sauces, jams, smoothies
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Love the Chia!

I get them from an all natural health food store in my neighborhood. I love overnight oatmeal:

1.5 tbs chia seeds
    1/4 cup plain vanilla yogurt (some people prefer greek yogurt...yuck)
    1/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
    1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1tbs unsweetened cocoa powder

mix refrigerate overnight and add some raisens in the morning to sweeten it up. My husband will only eat it with a little sweetener in it but i think its good without.

I also add some to my smoothies.

Have not made the chia pudding yet. It may be great but it's too ugly for me to get very excited about.
  • eelsayp
    eelsayp Posts: 1
    Options
    I get them a Sunflower Farmers Market I put them in Green Tea as well as the mentioned stuff
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I get them off the internet & throw them in my ice cream or morning cereal, although someone said that they need to be pre soaked to get the best from them, as they are tough for the body to break down.

Russ
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend bought them online somewhere
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find them in the health food section of any of my local grocery stores. Just as easy to order off of Amazon for me. My first time using them this week!!! I made Overnight Oatmeal from Skinnytaste.com. I absolutely LOVE IT. The seeds don't add any flavor at all, but make the oatmeal concoction a nice texture, thickens it up!
  • ishmael81
    ishmael81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We got some from a coop in our area. I usually put them in salad dressing and mix it up.
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I buy Chia seed at most grocery stores I shop at. They are usually in the health dept. or near the flaxseed area. Also any natural food store will have them. I use them with yogurt, oatmeal, salads, soups, smoothies, eggs, fruit juice, PB2, pudding, and mixing a couple tsp with a quarter cup of water to make an egg sustitute for baking.
    21604338.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I have a protein powder that has chia in it.
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    commenting to come back later. :) looking to start adding chia seeds to my diet!
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just received mine yestereday in the mail, from Amazon.com. I put it in my water this morning and might throw some on my lunch later. It creates a different type of texture and some seeds stay crunchy. I didn't mind it though.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seardefilip
    Options
    I have not purchased them, but GNC has them at the checkout :)
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janinebudgell
    janinebudgell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I put them in everything I bake or boil :)

I love the egg sub. idea! thanks for that I will be trying that for sure.

i buy the ground and whole chia seeds and the light and dark lol I like to mix it up ;)
  • rl1421
    rl1421 Posts: 9
    Options
    I get them at nuts.com and add them to overnight oats, yogurt, and smoothies. I also sprinkle them on scrambled eggs, roasted veggies, and salads. You can add them to pretty much anything for an extra nutritional boost!
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!