Worried I havent lost/look any better.

Options
I've had an aright week so far, but today I think I have had too much. I'm just about to go over my calorie goal but I will be exercising later.

I've been doing the 30 day shred and about half an hour each of jogging and biking each day.

Last week I was really worried I hadn't lost anything but found out I lost about 5 pounds and I was really happy!

My weigh in day is Sunday but Saturday night I have a party and I've been trying to lose weight for that!. I'm worried that I haven't and I don't look any better.

I don't feel like my body has changed at all and I want to weigh myself before I go to the party but if I haven't lost anything it will ruin my night!

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This takes time...patience grasshopper.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I've had an aright week so far, but today I think I have had too much. I'm just about to go over my calorie goal but I will be exercising later.

I've been doing the 30 day shred and about half an hour each of jogging and biking each day.

Last week I was really worried I hadn't lost anything but found out I lost about 5 pounds and I was really happy!

My weigh in day is Sunday but Saturday night I have a party and I've been trying to lose weight for that!. I'm worried that I haven't and I don't look any better.

I don't feel like my body has changed at all and I want to weigh myself before I go to the party but if I haven't lost anything it will ruin my night!
    Your focus is wrong. If you're doing this for just extrinsic reasons, then eventually you'll torture yourself every time you step on that scale.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    [/quote]Your focus is wrong. If you're doing this for just extrinsic reasons, then eventually you'll torture yourself every time you step on that scale.

IDEA Fitness member

[/quote]

So what do you suggest? How can I change my focus and what is the right focus?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Your focus is wrong. If you're doing this for just extrinsic reasons, then eventually you'll torture yourself every time you step on that scale.

IDEA Fitness member

So what do you suggest? How can I change my focus and what is the right focus?
    Your focus should be how you feel, what good you are actually doing now, and how you continue to stay on the path. While seeing change is encouraging, you will ALWAYS look at yourself different than everyone else does.

IDEA Fitness member