Juggling children, health and trying to lose weight

Options
Hi guys- I'm 42 have 2 boys aged 12 nd 5, one dog and himself. Tiny has just been diagnosed as having vitamin D deficiency and rickets- i'm delighted to have a diagnosis at long last as we'll be able to help him, thus helping me to have better sleep etc. My husband works from home, so is either away for days or home. I'm trying very hard to do proper meals when he's away just so that i can be sure i'm sticking to my calories. Exercisiing is very hard esp if he's away because i tire quickly due to my health, however my dog is very good at making me get off my bum and do something. Would love to be friends with some more people, whether or not you have kids, dogs,, husbands, health issues. xxxxx

Replies

• Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a mom of three and have a husband too. I've learned recently that I'm important too. Great moms generally put everyone ahead of themselves. Trust me you are worth 15-30 minutes each day for yourself for some type of exercise. Think of the gift that will bring to you and your family will benefit also with a healthier mom. I'd be happy to positively motivate you! Friend me if you'd like and good luck on your way to better health :flowerforyou:
  • askerlec1
    askerlec1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I can identify! I have 4 children. I have about 30 pounds I need to lose. Recently, I have moved from Florida to Tennessee due to some circumstances out of my control. I am temporarily living with my in laws! They are about as far from health conscious as you can imagine. I am interviewing like mad trying to get a job so I can get an apartment. I cannot register my kids for school or give their lives some direction until I know where I am working. I am stressed to the max right now. I have again started to make an effort to exercise in the mornings. It is so hard to stay focused these days. I will be 41 next month.
    I am looking at this move as a very positive thing, once everything gets settled. I am so ready to have positive motivation to keep me logging in every day and keeping track of myself. Let's get this weight lost, and be healthier and more active for ourselves and our families. Add me as a friend! good luck to you.
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have one son who's five with special needs. I also have some pretty major health problems that leave me unable to exercise much, if at all.
    I have about 70# to lose, and I'm doing it mainly by diet alone.
    Friend me if you'd like. :)
  • EveyRose
    EveyRose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i am married with three kids, work a full time job + independant Scentsy and Velata consultant and attend college online in the spring and fall with health issues. Finding time or energy is incredibly difficult and I need to motivate my husband to help him gt in better health so hat i can keep him long term, high cholesterol, stress, overweight and anxiety are slowly killing him :( feel free to friend me!
  • BNA_Mommy
    BNA_Mommy Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm married with 3 kids (a 16 yr old and twin 3 yr olds). I work full time as a nurse M-F, 10 hr days (between work and drive time). My weekend are filled with laundry, cleaning, cooking/baking, and running around with the kids. I finally, after 3 yrs since the twins were born (and putting on the 30 lbs I lost after they were born), I decided it was time to do something for not just myself, but for them too. I need to be healthy (not necessicarily THIN, but fit) to keep up with them and all their activities, etc. So I joined a gym in my neighborhood. I get up @ 5am M-F and exercise 1-1 1/2 hrs a day before work...the kids and hubby are still asleep, so I'm not taking any time away from them. Then on the weekends, my hubby or 16 yr old will watch the toddlers so that I can get a 2 hr work out in before we start or busy weekend days.

It's hard to do, but I was tired of using the "taking time away from the kids" as an excuse for me to be unhealthy. My gym is open from 5am Mon- 9pm Friday (24/5 basically), and 7a-7p on weekends.