No Bath Salts

Options
TadaGanIarracht
TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
So I don't know how many of you are aware of the incident that occurred in Miama, FL where a man ATE OFF THE FACE of a homeless guy but there's been some new developments that just make me want to high-five people, in the face, with a metal bat.

Apparently they are saying now, that as of yet, there has been no evidence of any other drug in Rudy Eugene's body except for marijuana. My personal opinion is they are going to use this opportunity to show the marijuana is indeed a very dangerous drug and should NEVER be legalized.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    That was one he11 of a case of the munchies!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Haha! That's what my boyfriend said.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options

Am I a horrible person for laughing? :huh:

But, seriously....marijuana....causing you to eat face.......Imma call B.S. on that one!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Probably some new synthetic drug they were unable to detect.

Honestly, I'm more likely to believe in the Zombie Apocalypse (which is the dumbest shi t I've ever heard) than this was caused by marijuana.
  • vinneeminnee123
    Options

omg to funny.

not going to lie here but there is never a time where filling your lungs with random herbs is a good idea.

also to note I am NOT against medical marijuana, quite for it actually :)
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Am I a horrible person for laughing? :huh:

But, seriously....marijuana....causing you to eat face.......Imma call B.S. on that one!!!

Nope, I laughed too but when I did smoke it I sure as hell NEVER got the munchies like that. They're just going to use it to make sure marijuana is perceived the way they want so it a) scares the morons who forget they did it and know numerous people who have done it and didn't eat anyone's face off and b) to make sure people see it is dangerous and should not be legalized.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

omg to funny.

not going to lie here but there is never a time where filling your lungs with random herbs is a good idea.

also to note I am NOT against medical marijuana, quite for it actually :)

Well the only thing marijuana has been proven to do to you is make you one lazy motherfawker.

It's much better than tobacco, that's for damn sure.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, well, it depends. some of the new strains of marijuana being developed are incredibly strong. It isn't just a herb anymore, there are modified strains hanging around that are pretty damn potent. It has long been known that any form of drug use (I'm including alcohol) can trigger a latent mental illness, perhaps thats the issue here, the guy already had this in him and the drug just flipped the switch.

It's a real shame that something so natural has been abused in our neversending search for a greater high.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000220
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's mental illness.

Schizophrenia is one hell of a mental condition.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Hmmm, well, it depends. some of the new strains of marijuana being developed are incredibly strong. It isn't just a herb anymore, there are modified strains hanging around that are pretty damn potent. It has long been known that any form of drug use (I'm including alcohol) can trigger a latent mental illness, perhaps thats the issue here, the guy already had this in him and the drug just flipped the switch.

It's a real shame that something so natural has been abused in our neversending search for a greater high.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000220

They're trying to say this was just some plain ol' marijuana.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    and just plain old MJ can flick that switch in someone with an underlying condition, sadly. as can any drug. the brain is a delicate thing, I really should stop abusing mine so much. ;-)
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    and just plain old MJ can flick that switch in someone with an underlying condition, sadly. as can any drug. the brain is a delicate thing, I really should stop abusing mine so much. ;-)

I was referring more to your comment about the "new strains" of marijuana, clarifying that nothing else was found.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest.

Want to come with me and remove all the warning labels off of things?
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options

My thoughts exactly!

Though marijuana has been known to cause psychosis (or bring underlying psychosis to the surface). I've never pissed off someone on marijuana. I've never seen anyone on marijuana angry maybe they do get to a certain level they get super uncontrollably angry?
    Probably a stupid uneducated theory but meh...

All i know is in a lot of these cases the people seem to have been angry.

But Freddy Sharp, who was a user of bath salts said he felt so evil and dark when he was on them, and like he was possessed by Jason from Friday the 13th.

If its not bath salts these people must have something biologically in common!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Honestly, I'm more likely to believe in the Zombie Apocalypse (which is the dumbest shi t I've ever heard) than this was caused by marijuana.

It's not going to be something that you couldn't detect. The bloods will have been run through a gc mass spec. If there was an unknown in the trace, the analyst world use the mass spec data to work out what molecules would fit the molecular mass and from there. Then it's just a case of working out what possible analogues of known drugs fit the molecular mass and you have a structure. NMR would confirm the structure and hey presto your unknown is now a known even if it was only first synthesised a day before the bloods were taken.

The levels of detection are now at the point that even a half decent lab can detect down below the ppb levels.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest.

Why bother removing labels when everyone is already illiterate? We just need to make sure they don't put on pictures.
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    well as of july 1st they are suppose to illegallizing k-2 and Bath salts... But I dont think anyone should do any drugs...
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Hookers and Blow!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest.

Why bother removing labels when everyone is already illiterate? We just need to make sure they don't put on pictures.

Very valid point sir. Let's get to it!