Wii Fit ratings?

Options
HI!

I missed all you MFP ppl! I have been absent for a couple months, oddly enough I lost more weight by being absent (its only cuz I was too busy to eat! haha)

ANYWAYS I have a Wii, and would like to invest in a Wii Fit type program. I noticed that there are now MULTIPLE programs available. Which one is your favorite? Which is your least Favorite? The best value for your money? I would also like to start doing some sort of yoga/pillaties type Wii program. I currently do dance work out DVDS, but they are starting to get a little too easy...

Thanks!
B:heart:

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have just played boxing which comes with it and thats a workout in itself. BUT I have heard great reviews on the Wii FIt...:)
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Haha I love boxing! Its my fav on the Wii Sports. :love:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, but I've heard the Wii Fit Plus fixed a lot of the things that bug in the regular one. I do the free step while watching TV and I also do the yoga/strength and I love my Wii!
  • its_B
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, but I've heard the Wii Fit Plus fixed a lot of the things that bug in the regular one. I do the free step while watching TV and I also do the yoga/strength and I love my Wii!

Thats really helpful! I do a step class on wednesday nights I love it! sadly it ends next week :( need to sign up for a new one!!!
  • HEFAAY6
    HEFAAY6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the new wii interactive biggest loser looks really good has alot of exercises and even has yoga go figure give it a look at nintendo.com
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus, Biggest Loser, and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. BL & 2010 kick my butt. I'm dripping sweat by the end of a workout. I usually use Wii Fit Plus to cool down afterwards. I highly recommend all 3!
    I am going to ask hubby for a Wii game called Your Shape. It's a personal trainer guided game with a video cam that makes sure you get into the proper position so you not only get the most out of your workout, but don't hurt yourself either!
    Wii Active & Wii Personal Trainer look interesting too.
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and Sport but by far my favorite is the Biggest Loser Wii - you have a personal trainer right in front of you in your living room.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and Sport but by far my favorite is the Biggest Loser Wii - you have a personal trainer right in front of you in your living room.

Not just any trainer... you have BOB! What's better than having Bob & Jillian in your living room telling you that you can achieve great things if you just stick with it a little longer?
  • its_B
    Options
    wow! these are all amazing posts! seriously thanks sooo much!!! i actually just did my first biggest loser dvd work out tonight! it was super hardcore! i was also looking into the wii personal trainer it looked good in the online previews... but my top choice buy is deff either biggest loser or jillian work out now... after reading all these postzs! please continue posting they r sooooo helpful! now i need to go rest my poor body tht Bob totally beat up with his work out!:yawn:
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I just bought my Wii about two weeks ago...I think it was called the Wii Fit Plus...it came with the
    board. The workout cd that came with it is pretty fun. I like the ski jump..hate the hit the soccer
    ball with your head.

Right now I'm using the Biggest Loser. The part I like about it is you have the option to pick a lower
    or upper body workout and you can pick your workout times.

I also bought the Don King boxing cd with some boxing gloves.

I'll do something Wii related, get my heart rate up, then jump on my stationary bike.

Doug
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Just did 1/2 hour of Yoga on Wii Fit +, then 10 mins of aerobic stepping (nearly 1000 steps), and a 1/2 hour low impact aerobic workout with Bob on Biggest Loser Wii. Burned 250 on WF+ and probably 100 on BL (it said 60, but felt like more).
    Hope that helps!
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    I've used them all except for the new Biggest Loser. Personally, I like the EA Active. It's got a 30 day challenge at three different levels and you can create your own workouts as well. It'll make ya sweat!:bigsmile:
  • its_B
    Options
    DrBorkBork tht was super helpful! I <3 bob haha.

rheign OH NEAT! ur the first person 2 mention tht. I will have to check out the videos n ratings! Awesome!!!! Thanks!
  • amosarli
    Options
    I have the original Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, My Fitness Coach, EA sports active

My fave by far is the EA sports active I love the 30 day challenge and have completed it numerous times. After using various programs as a kickstart, I have moved on from them as I do not find them a challenge anymore, but I think they are a wonderful way to get started!
  • its_B
    Options
    I have the original Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, My Fitness Coach, EA sports active

My fave by far is the EA sports active I love the 30 day challenge and have completed it numerous times. After using various programs as a kickstart, I have moved on from them as I do not find them a challenge anymore, but I think they are a wonderful way to get started!

o.0 WOAH!
    Super helpful! again the EA game has popped up really need to check it out!
  • jam0525
    Options
    We do have a Wii Fit forum group. The people in it come and go. A lot move on to other exercise, but there are a few of us that hang in there with the Wii Fit/Fit Plus as it is what we have or what works out for us to do. When the December string starts I will put the link over here in case any one wants to join in.

JAM
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Awesome. I would love to get in on that group, JAM. Once the snow comes, my Wii is probably going to be my sole workout option
  • its_B
    Options
    SOOO I got EA interactive! Did my first work out on the 30 day program on high intensity, MAN am i sweating! I approve! although I am annoyed at the music, I think i will be muting their music and blasting mine from my Ihome while listening to the trainer instead. :) Next though I will deffinently be getting a balance board so i can do Yoga! :drinker:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    its_B, if you're looking for another workout game to add to your Wii library, I can definitely recommend Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010.

Here's what I did in Jillian's Pre-Made workout today...
    "Ran" 5 mins
    90 Jumping Jacks ('m very uncoordinated, so I just trotted in place some more, and did the arm lifts in time)
    21 Hip Twists
    50 Butt Bicycling thingies (which I still can't figure out how to do correctly, she was yelling at me the whole time)
    20 Sledge Hammers
    60 Oblique Twist Crunches (which I also struggle with doing correctly)
    60 MORE Jumping Jacks
    60 Crunches (Please tell me we're almost done!)
    15 Push Ups (must touch chest to Wii board, and completely SUCKS if you're a chick! Ouch, my poor girls)
    10 Boat Poses (which is really just the jackknife exercise)
    1 Lunge Stretch (Honestly, why couldn't we have done that FIRST? It was a great warm up stretch!)
    20 MORE Push Ups
    40 MORE Oblique Twisty Crunch Thingies (Okay, CAN WE BE DONE NOW?!)
    20 Squat Jacks

It was a very strenuous workout for me, but it's what the computer chose.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Here is the link for a Wii Group. We are mostly Wii Fit or Wii Fit plus, but any Wii program will do.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/72230-wii-fit-fit-plus-etc-for-december

JAM