im very ill?

Options
Today i have come down with gastrointeritis? i can not eat?
my calories are so low, i cant eat:frown:

Replies

• zaracooper
    Options
    Today i have come down with gastrointeritis? i can not eat?
    my calories are so low, i cant eat:frown:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Yeah when you have that you can't eat. Take care of your tummy right now. You will get better and then you can get back to your healthy eating plan. Your doctors nurse should be able to tell you what you need to be drinking right now to not become dehydrated and how and when to start eating again and what foods to introduce back into your system first.
    Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yucky...... :sick: Poor thing. I feel for you!

I managed to get an intestinal bacteria when I was in Matzatlan last February. It lasted three weeks. I lost a lot of weight, but it came back in a hurry and then some. My doctor told me I had to exercise extreme discipline in my food in order to not have my metabolism convert everything to fat (when starvation mode kicks in). So really be careful and eat only good food when you are recovering and don't over do the calories.

My favorite drink became warm chicken broth. I still crave it every now and then. There are some new carton type broths available and I would just warm it up like tea and sip on it.

I hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • buiebunch
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    :frown: Get well soon.

:flowerforyou: Eve
  • zaracooper
    Options
    thank you every one! i feel abit better today
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I’m glad you are feeling a bit better today. That is good to hear. Thanks for letting us know. :flowerforyou: