I ran 2 whole miles!

Options
GumbyAnne
GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
All at once!

Without walking at all!

It wasn't real fast (23 minutes and some seconds) but I am still stoked that I made it without wimping out. I have literally never been able to do that before in my whole life. It was surprisingly not that bad. I should have attempted it sooner.

Replies

• jess1304
    Options
    Great Job Girl!! I used to be able to run 2 miles a few years ago. I got out of shape and now I'm working back up toward it. Can't wait till I can say that again...the next step for you is to train for a 5k. Good luck!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! What a great feeling!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    All at once!

Without walking at all!

It wasn't real fast (23 minutes and some seconds) but I am still stoked that I made it without wimping out. I have literally never been able to do that before in my whole life. It was surprisingly not that bad. I should have attempted it sooner.

Yeah for you!! Don't undermine it with worrying about numbers -- you did it!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! Running a set distance is the first step faster times will come. Great job and keep it up.:smile:
  • jnatale5571
    Options
    good job, I was up to 3 at a time but hurt my back so running has been off limits for a few months. Next time you run go up a few points every 5-10 minutes (4.0 - 4.2) and you will see nice improvements in your time without feeling too much of a speed cahnge, and its not intimidating!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    That is a good time, dont sell yourself short! its 3 mins less than my best 2 mile time, lol Awesome Job! :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • MarshJulie1989
    Options
    That's pretty cool!

I've been doing cardio for awhile, and it's slowly transitioning into something fun rather than something I do because my job requires it (US Military)

I never though I'd enjoy running, but after the first few months of hitting the gym 3 times a week my fitness level rose enough for me to really enjoy pushing my body.

I wish you the best! congrats!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!