Brides-to-be Support!!!

Options
Hey Everyone, I have officially started planning for my wedding that is set for September 28th, 2013....I thought it would be great to start a board on here for not only bride fitness goals but also any other topics that happen to pop up (relationship issues, wedding planning, budgeting, ideas...etc). Feel free to add me as a friend and post on this thread!!

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I have officially started planning for my wedding that is set for September 28th, 2013....I thought it would be great to start a board on here for not only bride fitness goals but also any other topics that happen to pop up (relationship issues, wedding planning, budgeting, ideas...etc). Feel free to add me as a friend and post on this thread!!
    Hi! I am getting married in 45 days (Yikes! I can't believe it's so close!) and have been planning this wedding for about 2 years. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

I am looking to lose 38lbs by Christmas. I wanted to lose more than I have by the end of this week when I have my first dress fitting but oh well, I started too late. I'll maintain until the wedding so my dress still fits and then after the wedding I'll get back into losing.

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Feel free to add me!

There are a few other bride threads around.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married in 45 days (Yikes! I can't believe it's so close!) and have been planning this wedding for about 2 years. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

I am looking to lose 38lbs by Christmas. I wanted to lose more than I have by the end of this week when I have my first dress fitting but oh well, I started too late. I'll maintain until the wedding so my dress still fits and then after the wedding I'll get back into losing.

Maybe your bridal shop is different, but I did my first fitting a few weeks ago because the dress had just come in and they aren't doing the final fitting until 2 weeks before the wedding. They said they wait so that I can keep losing :) You might be able to keep trying to lose and they can just alter the dress accordingly. If not, I'm sure you will look fabulous none-the-less but just thought I'd throw this out there!

Soontobe - feel free to add me. I'm getting married in September of this year but will be on this journey for a while hoping to stay fit :)
  • SherryGbaby
    Options
    Hi! I just got married a week ago from this Friday. My dress ended up being a little too big on the top since I had lost more weight after my final fitting. Thankfully my dress was a lace up corset in the back. I would def. recommend this type because they were able to tie me in nice and tight.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am getting married September 15, 2012, so it is coming up in a little under 3 months! I have lost 16 pounds since we got engaged and am hoping to be at my goal of 20 pounds lost before the wedding. I go to my first dress fitting next weekend, so I cant wait to see the difference!
  • krmiller4217
    krmiller4217 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I have lost 64 pounds since 2008. First I lost about thirty pounds and stayed at that weight for quite some time. Then I lost another thirty last year...then I gained thirty back! YIKES. I lost it again though :-) I just got engaged to the sweetest guy ever on June 7th. We are planning a March 1st Las Vegas wedding. I have vowed to lose 50lbs by Christmas and then I will look for a dress. Since we are doing Vegas I will be purchasing a more casual, short wedding dress. I can't wait to be and feel more healthy and also shop in normal stores! American Eagle, I am coming for you! Good luck to all of the other Brides to Be!!! :-)
  • courtneywilliams007
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My wedding is going to be on June 1, 2013. Since it is a little less than a year away I am determined to lose weight so that I can look great in a dress and bikini for the honeymoon. I have set a goal to lose 20lbs by Christmas this year and I'm just taking it baby steps at a time. Once that happens, I will set another goal. I have only just begun. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I just started. I am not a fan of "healthy" foods, but I am trying hard to resist junk food. I've already kicked out soda. Portion control is my weapon and I walk for 30 minutes a day and do some simple exercises for another 30 minutes. I'm excited to get that wedding ready body! I'm sure all of you are very pumped for your hubbies to be to see you nice and fit in your dresses! Good luck everyone =)
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Maybe your bridal shop is different, but I did my first fitting a few weeks ago because the dress had just come in and they aren't doing the final fitting until 2 weeks before the wedding. They said they wait so that I can keep losing :) You might be able to keep trying to lose and they can just alter the dress accordingly. If not, I'm sure you will look fabulous none-the-less but just thought I'd throw this out there!

Soontobe - feel free to add me. I'm getting married in September of this year but will be on this journey for a while hoping to stay fit :)
    I was told to come in for the first fitting about 6 weeks prior to see if anything needed to be changed. I imagine my final fitting would be about 2 weeks before just to make sure no last minute alterations need to be made. I don't plan on leaving it with them, I want to tell them what I want done and get an estimate of what it'll cost and then I want to take it to a local seamstress that my friend used and do the same thing.
  • VSGme
    VSGme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey all you beautiful-brides-to-be! I'm in the same boat! I'm getting married in September of this year *EEK*! I just started MFP three days ago and love the site so far! I'm trying to lose as much as I can within the next 11 or so weeks until the big day. I'd love to help motivate and encourage you too! Feel free to add me :)
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have started biking this summer and it has been an excellent way to get some cardio in daily and spend time together. It has become one of "our things". We even set a goal to try and bike 1,000 miles this summer and so far, we're doing good! I also have enjoyed the effortless tan I have gotten because of biking all the time! :smile:
  • BetsyG130
    BetsyG130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the Brides-to-be! I am getting married in early September and am hoping to lose about 10-12 lbs, offset with added muscle mass. My one and only dress fitting is in 45 days, so I'd love to be close-to-goal by then.

I have found MFP to be so helpful and I love the camaraderie it brings! My plan includes carb-cycling, weight training, and mostly HIIT cardio (with some long duration mixed in). I love to see what other brides are doing, so feel free to add me. Good luck to all!