Suggestions for 3 o'clock snack?

Options
This is my most dreaded time of the day where I'm starving it seems and just want to snack away. I need some healthy options...so let 'em rip!!

I've tried bananas and peanut butter, granola, yogurt, apples. I need a change! I prefer easy and even pre-packaged. Those 90cal fiber one bars do not fill me up.

Any suggestions much appreciated :)

Replies

• cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I found trail mix is a good afternoon snack. Chex mix has a great kind that's only 150 calories serving.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    In my lunch bag I have- cucumbers, yellow peppers, grapes, blueberries, and Orville White Cheddar and Chipotle popcorn- it's like 65 calories a cup and satisfies my need for crunchiness!
    Some days I have a tuna snack kit or protein bar if I have the calories to spare.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I find that I need some protein around 3 o'clock. Some of my go-to snacks include:

almonds
    Greek yogurt
    hummus & veggies or pretzel thins
    cottage cheese & fruit
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Beef jerky - high protein, low fat and carbs. Or take 1 cup of fat free plain greek yogurt and stir in a 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, minced onion, dill, garlic and onion powder, salt, and some Frank's hot sauce (takes maybe 3 minutes if you move slowly). Dip veggies in it for a high protein, high fiber snack.

Edited for yogurt nationality.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks so far!! The hummus, tuna snack, and hard boiled eggs are going on my grocery list!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I make my own Lara bars, and they keep me full until dinner (like 4+ hours away). They are really yummy too! I add a bit of natural pb to this recipe (and I double it to get about 16 bars that I put into the freezer): http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/12/hot-fudge-brownie-larabars/
  • dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Craisins and raw almonds so yummy