do you log everything?

Options
Hey MFP community,
So i eat alot of salads and vegetable throughout the day, for example at lunch time i would eat some grilled chicken ontop of a bed of greens and vegetables. but i would only log in the chicken and salad dressings, only because i dont feel like weighing the leafs that i eat . do you think this is detrimental to my weight loss?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    For all the time it takes, I log everything, rather than have to consider - should I log this? Or Not? What about potatoes? And sweet potaotes? And then I wont know if its detrimental or not....

Once you've logged it a few times, it's there in your recent foods, so it's not a chore.

But there are plenty of users on here who don't log their veggies, so if you dont want to, it's not compulsory
  • emily2tx
    emily2tx Posts: 77
    Options
    It depends on if you leave yourself some room for extra calories AND what your other calories are that you eat each day. Say you eat 2000 calories of junk food, then try to eat a load of veggies on top of that, you are going over the 2000 calories. Veggies are very low in calories and I log them with a "cup" measurement to the best of my ability. I don't think you would have to weigh the veggies. Since they are already so low cal, I log up. I also would not count if you put a slice of tomato and a slice of lettuce on your sandwich.
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth! If you are eating it, it counts!! :happy:
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options
    thanks guys,
    im going to start logging everything even the greens, ill just estimate them i guess since they are so low in calories. especially since i never eat up all my calories available, and i only log a portion of my daily exercises
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I log everything, even the gum!! :smile:
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth! If you are eating it, it counts!! :happy:

Same here! Except for sugar free gum or mints. :-)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Everything you swallow needs to be logged either aa liquid or food least you cheat yourself.
    Why even bother keeping a log otherwise?
    And forget weighing it - just take your best guess.:bigsmile:
    Good Luck
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I logged everything for months....when I stopped I starting gaining...I am back to logging everything.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Basically it was explained to me that a handful of salad greens is about 1/2 cup so I go by that.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Everything that passes my lips goes on here, normally as soon as I make/eat it to make sure I don't forget it!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it. Now that I'm counting carbs too, it's even more vital. My exception used to be my gummy multivitamin and the calcium vitamin D one I take sometimes, now I even have to log those.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Yes I ate an entire bag of pop corners yesterday and I logged every embarrassing 650 calories of it. GAG
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Ditto! Same here, even if it is sugar free gum or a cough drop, that baby gets logged!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I log everything!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

WOW ! you are truly committed and I commend you.
    I try to track everything. Sometimes I have to go back the next day and
    add something I forgot, like a condiment or and extra beer.
    My advice is LOG EVERYTHING, otherwise you are cheating yourself.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Log everything down to a bite of whatever I take
    Bought a small kitchen scales, turning into obsession now :grumble: :sad: :laugh:
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Agreed; I log everything I eat. If not, you're "cheating" yourself. :)
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

WOW ! you are truly committed and I commend you.
    I try to track everything. Sometimes I have to go back the next day and
    add something I forgot, like a condiment or and extra beer.
    My advice is LOG EVERYTHING, otherwise you are cheating yourself.

The gum is the only thing I did not log in :embarassed:
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I log everything = I feel like its easier to not log something unhealthy if I start a habit of selecting what I do and dont log
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options

ME TOO! Down to the 5 Calorie stick of Extra Fruit Sensations I eat almost every day.:smile: