For anyone who doesn't take themselves so seriously...

Options

Replies

• askinnybanana13
    Options
    Hi I'm Hannah, uh and I am addicted to late night snacks.... feel free to add me.
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Yesterday I was scouring the store shelves for Milk Duds. I DON'T EVEN LIKE 'em! Craziness!! :tongue:
  • BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone else starting a new diet or fitness plan but still dreaming about Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cereal? I mean, geez. I've never even eaten that crap in my entire life, but my subconscious fatty is trying to lure me back in! I've started calorie counting with some zeal, I chase around my toddler, exercise when I have time, try to make the best decisions but sometimes settle for mediocre ones, eat at odd hours, sometimes eat my exercise calories back and sometimes not, and gasp! Sometimes just don't get to eat much at all.

For anyone out there who isn't perfect but would still like support and encouragement, I need some more friends to add to my profile to help me along in my journey. So in a world where Fatties Anonymous support groups get together, introduce themselves with "Hi, my name is Sara, and I'm addicted to carbs!" and you all reply, "Hi, Sara!" and then I ramble for a bit, sit down awkwardly, and drink stale coffee minus the sugar... we can make things happen!
    You cracked me up, and I crack myself up. My sister is the one who wonders where the heck I came from. By the way, we're not THAT
  • BigMomma742
    Options
    Anyone else starting a new diet or fitness plan but still dreaming about Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cereal? I mean, geez. I've never even eaten that crap in my entire life, but my subconscious fatty is trying to lure me back in! I've started calorie counting with some zeal, I chase around my toddler, exercise when I have time, try to make the best decisions but sometimes settle for mediocre ones, eat at odd hours, sometimes eat my exercise calories back and sometimes not, and gasp! Sometimes just don't get to eat much at all.

For anyone out there who isn't perfect but would still like support and encouragement, I need some more friends to add to my profile to help me along in my journey. So in a world where Fatties Anonymous support groups get together, introduce themselves with "Hi, my name is Sara, and I'm addicted to carbs!" and you all reply, "Hi, Sara!" and then I ramble for a bit, sit down awkwardly, and drink stale coffee minus the sugar... we can make things happen!
    You cracked me up, and I crack myself up. My sister is the one who wonders where the heck I came from. By the way, we're not THAT good of friends yet...so ship me the beer or I'm tellin'!!
  • pesto3000
    pesto3000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh em gee! I thought i was the only one! Now that im on the diet thing, Ive cravibg foods i wouldnt even normally want! UGGHHH! So frustrating!
  • BigMomma742
    Options
    I will totally be your friend if you'd like. I am trying to lose the weight, but I'm doing so at a pratical matter. Today my exersize will consit of walking the dog aroudn the block twice (and it's a small block) at a leisurely pace. I will track what I eat and think before I eat, but not every day will be perfect.

I think our outlooks may be related!!
  • BigMomma742
    Options
    *whispers* still haven't found it in me to throw out the last of the peanut butter m&ms.

even if i've managed not to eat them so far, it's comforting to just look at them sometimes.

smelling these hidden things is nice too and I like to tease my mouth and play choo-choo like I'm feeding a toddler but never, never open the train's tunnel cuz that is wrong, wrong, wrong because that lets the calorie monster out and before I know it I turn that tunnel into a carb storage unit that expands at will on different parts of my body. Ugh.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Reese's cereal? Guh-ross.

Frosted brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts, however...been craving one of those for six+ months.
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hiya Sarah & welcome
    ooh my list of addictions is huge but to name a few cheese, cosmopolitans, roysters T-bone steak crisps, unusual jewellry, facebook, MFP & shoes
    wanna be friends? ;)
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    Hhaha ur brilliant ! Would love 2 b ur friend :D feel free 2 add me !
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That was greatness :laugh:

ok so I’m not alone in my unbridled addiction/love of sweets ... there is a bag of ginger snap cookies sitting on my dining room table (they are not mine n I don’t even LIKE gingersnaps but I swear I eye them up pretty much once a day lol) and some frozen yogurt (that I pretend is ice cream when I listen to its demands to eat it lol) in my freezer :blushing:

Feel free to add me ^_^
  • jenklive
    jenklive Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Sara, I'm Jenny and I've yet to admit to having a carb addiction. I 'm merely a social sugar eater. (When I'm alone, I have other equally valid excuses). Yes, I'm trying to fill my cupboards with healthier foods for me and my kids (raisinets count as a fruit, right?), but there is only so much change that can be done at one time.

I am approaching this whole process with large doses of humor because otherwise I just wouldn't be able to do it. It sounds like you can relate.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

I did, however, keep a six pack of import beer that I can't find ANYWHERE in the South. Don't tell anyone.

Keep the beer, it will help you stay sane. I even have a category in my diary just for beer.

Feel free to add me and my non-perfectness, Fatty Forever brain.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I had chips and dip for dinner last night. And 2 carrot sticks, you know, to round it all out. :)
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am far from perfect...I;m just living my life like a normal person..because I plan on living the rest of my life like a normal person! Not some food deprived health nut...ssshhhh..I like beer to! and sometimes in great quantities! Anyone can feel free to add me!:blushing:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a secret stash of Cheetos in my desk drawer. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

Welcome aboard Sara!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara. Pardon my runny nose I just had general tso chicken 1200 calories it was spicy and it was delicious!

I think there may be many of us who take 3 steps forward and two backwards, while still making progress there is the kind who find us a little too clumsy in our diet habits, anyway. Here I am for anyone who would like to add me.

My log in count is 80+ days which means to you that I'm active, I'm positive and interactive if you're the same please add me.
    HC
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too!

I can't decide if I'm perfectly imperfect or imperfectly perfect.......
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    I am brand new here and your post made me feel so much... BETTER! I'm a complete goofball and was afraid my humor might not be appreciated. SO glad to see others like that on here. Please add me if you have a mind to. (I have a 12 year old son but I remember the toddler days fondly...)
  • Lorrsi22
    Lorrsi22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love your post! I am in the same boat and have just this minute joined, need all the help i can get & would love to help you along your journey too x