I just ate most of my daily Calories in one meal.

Options
iris8pie
iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
whoops. :embarassed:

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I realized that almost anything I used to eat at a restaurant was equivalent to a meals worth of calories. I still dine out, but I make much better choices.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Right Mav!? I even ate about half of what I normally would in one meal....and still almost hit my max.

Normally I would have eaten double that, and then eaten two more meals....no wonder im fat!
    I really was clueless.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    That's alright, it happens to all of us. Just eat lightly for your next meals like fruits. :)
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've done that too...several times...in the last few weeks. Just add in little extra exercise to give yourself more calories for the rest of the day :smile:
  • ahigg396
    ahigg396 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Right Mav!? I even ate about half of what I normally would in one meal....and still almost hit my max.

Now you've got me curious! haha What did you eat? I did the same thing with Mexican food last weekend!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Oh I've done that plenty of times. Gotta love restaurants.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Cheat meal! Oh well, just don't let it be a habit. We're not here to punish ourselves! We're here to learn how to eat healthier and live a better lifestyle. The fact that you're addressing the issue, is awesome!
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    I actually looked in just to dream about whatever you ate and be jealous ;)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    No worries, I once ate 1000 calories at lunch (chili's). Just means you have to work out more tonight!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    been in that boat! i'm sure i'll be there again. i see a date night coming up soon... german food... yum! LOL i better load up on the green stuff and workout like a psycho that day! ha!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Normally I would have eaten double that, and then eaten two more meals....no wonder im fat!
    I really was clueless.

Half a medium pizza, the Santa Fe Chicken Salad at Applebees, anything on the menu at Denny's.
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Been there... done that. Too many times! I try to avoid restaurants now. At least until I get my body used to my new way of eating :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    haha, love this post.

I always check the nutritional information before I order anything from a restaurant but I definitely never did before I joined MFP!

I remember going to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner and getting the whole Steak Diane and Chicken something combo which I realized later was about 1200+ calories, having MULTIPLE adult beverages with who know's how many calories AND eating a piece of cheesecake that was probably 800+.

I second the "no wonder I was so fat" motion.
  • Broxsonator
    Options
    Oh honey, we have all done it...it wasn't until I started logging in my food did I realize that! And sometimes, when I thot I made 'healthy' choices, I've realized...well, now...that wasn't as healthy as it looked on the menu! Just learn from it, and when you go out, becuase everyone needs to go out once in a while, research first and then order with confidence! You got this! Keep up the good work!
  • shrednyc85
    shrednyc85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Its sad how easy I can do that - all it takes for me is to order something that comes with fries (usually a veggie burger but still).

Its hard at home too because I like to have a big dinner. I've learned to really eat lightly during the day, that way I have more flexibility with dinner.
  • alexandra0690
    Options
    I actually looked in just to dream about whatever you ate and be jealous ;)

haha.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Don't fret! It probably won't be the last time. Either get in some extra exercise to earn more calories, or just eat light and healthy for the rest of the day let it even out over time. Or both.

It's hard to never have an over the top meal in today's world. As long as you don't do it often, it's nothing to worry about.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's easy to do at the begining. One of the best pieces of advice which I was given was to plan beforehand and stick rigidly to your plan. No exceptions. Eating out is a real problem since we have less control. Visualisation is a great help and you will get the hang of what a healthy portion size should look like before you eat it.
  • BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I really was clueless.
    OMG. I was so clueless too. It was a wonderful bliss until I inflated to an undesirable size. I figure before I started counting calories I was prolly eating 2-3 times too much. I figure someday my cravings will subside and I will be on auto-pilot for the healthy food choices. If not, I hope to get stranded on a tropical island without coconuts :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Richard? Is that you? Have you binged again? Come on, lets do some squats!