I just ordered a Fitbit !!

Options
I just couldn't resist! I am so excited! LOL Any Fitbit owners/ users wanna share input with me? :)

Replies

• gracebrannan
    Options
    what is a fitbit?
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    There are no instructions in the package, really.

It's really easy to throw it in the washer.

You will love it.
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of it...so I Googled! Looks pretty cool!
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! it will "talk" to you every time you pick it up and say things like "Move It" or "I like you" - mine motivates me to constantly seek more ways to climb stairs and walk farther. I think I've sold about 5 of them now, too bad I don't get a commission....
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've had mine about two weeks now.
    Its very cool. (Just wish it was able to track workouts/bike rides better, but will still need a HRM for those things)
    If you walk outside in the wind, it will incorrectly record you going up stairs. (I noticed this during Tropical Storm Debby. It was telling me I walked 14-20 flights when I might've walked 5)
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Got my wife the Fitbit Ultra last week and so far I have to say very impressed with it. tracks all her steps stairs daily calorie burn and will last roughly 4 days on a single charge including use during sleep. Gut her the Fitbit ultra and I got the motoactiv. She already has a Garmin watch. 1 of the few fitness devices she always caries.
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

You will love it.

Uhhh... was that a sarcastic "You will love it" ? :huh:
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! it will "talk" to you every time you pick it up and say things like "Move It" or "I like you" - mine motivates me to constantly seek more ways to climb stairs and walk farther. I think I've sold about 5 of them now, too bad I don't get a commission....

:laugh:
  • AngieWood611
    AngieWood611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I want to buy one. It looks like it would be a great motivator.

I am up in the air about the FitBit, BodyBugg, Jawbone UP or the Nike Fuelband. Not sure which is the better buy. >.<
  • michaela531
    michaela531 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I JUST got mine in the mail and am so excited to start using it! :) I just got on here to set it up with MFP! Can't wait to start using it!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ordered my wife one yesterday it will come tomorrow and be a suprise for her:wink:
  • Maureeeen
    Maureeeen Posts: 9
    Options
    :heart: Love, love, love mine! Gives you motivation! The second I get up in the morning I put it on and stays with me all day. Very simple to use. It does everything automatically. All you need to do is charge it every few days. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about no instructions. You need to go on their website and toward the bottom is the manual. Good luck. Let us know how you like it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yay fitbit!

i clip mine to my bra and forget about it. its great
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i LOVED it the first few weeks i had it... i have really lost track of it recently... i think you have inspired me to whip that bad boy back out for another go around. thank you, thank you very much.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You will love it.

^this

(And I don't even own one...but given how easy it is to wash a USB stick drive in a pocket, I can only imagine it would be true for something you clip to your clothing.)

And I want one of these things too...
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't resist! I am so excited! LOL Any Fitbit owners/ users wanna share input with me? :)

I just ordered one this afternoon too and am also extremely excited! :laugh: It can't ship fast enough!!
  • MisterOtter
    Options
    I've got a FitBit Ultra and have been using it daily for about a month now. I've posted about it before here, but just so you know, there are pros and there are cons.

Pros: Great right out of the box. There are no paper instructions, for those cavemen/women who somehow can't figure out the giant text that tells you to go to the FitBit website to enroll the device. It walks you through every step. Piece of cake. It's also very accurate when worn on the hip. I've not had to calibrate the stride length or anything other than setting my personal info. I like that I can see my steps or my miles any given time of the day. I don't even consider the "You'll lose it in the washing machine!" to be an issue. Don't be a derp. Make sure you take care of it, and it'll work fine. You can connect it right into your account here on MFP so it'll automatically calculate your calories burned by your activity. Totally hands off and simple.

Cons: If you commute a lot or ride motorcycles, it will give you the absolute worst set of data ever, which you then have to correct on their website. It's more of a pain in the butt than anything else. There is no way to pause the device either. For me, commuting an hour one way, I'm supposed to enter the device into stopwatch mode at the beginning of the drive, then stop it once I end. This turns the drive into an "activity", and then I can go into the website to nix the incorrect info. Not awful, but something to be aware of.

Enjoy!
  • buggs1234
    buggs1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's highly inaccurate. Was giving me credit for 5 miles run when in fact it was only 3.5, and recording that climed 28 flights of stairs and gave me calorie burn for that when it simply reads any change in elevation, even from sitting on the floor to standing up. LIke the sleep monitor though. And it is HIGHLY motivating when you see all those miles run or walked...not so much when realize you didn't really do that. It's a fun gadget but not worth what it costs.
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job! You will love it!
    I've had mine 5 whole weeks, hit my goals every day and some more :)
    The only problem I have is having to dock it every now and then when you want to update.... Then I forget, do a quick work out without having it on. I then have to add manually but don't get the steps :( Other than that it is fantastic!
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    BTW best place for the little bugger is stuffed under your boob but above your bra. so its smashed in there and unmovable. tips for you!