I just ordered a Fitbit !!

Options

Replies

• ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You're gonna love it!! and find that you've become addicted very quickly! lol

Also, if you have ANY problems, they have the BEST customer service.
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I want to buy one. It looks like it would be a great motivator.

I am up in the air about the FitBit, BodyBugg, Jawbone UP or the Nike Fuelband. Not sure which is the better buy. >.<

What made my decision over others was how it monitors your sleep. I don't sleep all that well and hope this will give me some insight so I can start getting more (and better) sleep! :)
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I want one...just dont have the money right now...i told my family i wanted one for my bday next month lol
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Had mine since April. Love it!!! Track my stairs climbed, steps taken, activity times and sleep. Always on me. Very convenient! Enjoy!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wear my fitbit every day, and love it! Next purchase=HRM!
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my FITBIT. Just don't get it wet
    I wear it all the time, except when I go to a pool.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've had mine about two weeks now.
    Its very cool. (Just wish it was able to track workouts/bike rides better, but will still need a HRM for those things)
    If you walk outside in the wind, it will incorrectly record you going up stairs. (I noticed this during Tropical Storm Debby. It was telling me I walked 14-20 flights when I might've walked 5)

Maybe that's just the tropical storm adjustment...maybe 5 stairs in a tropical storm is the equivalent of 14-20 normal flights.

Wow, this fitbit is even smarter than I thought...
  • Kayla4U
    Kayla4U Posts: 73
    Options
    I returned mine , it wasnt working properly, I ordered a Body-Media link instead, hope you have better luck with yours.
  • deannalynne73
    deannalynne73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    BTW best place for the little bugger is stuffed under your boob but above your bra. so its smashed in there and unmovable. tips for you!

It can still do everything it needs to do from there then? Cool!! lol
  • bekahvoight
    bekahvoight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using ours for a month now. It is wonderful! It keeps track of your steps and sets daily goals for you (which you can change) to work at achieving. It will credit you with calories that you can eat back on MFP (I love this feature). But be careful! If you are sedintary for too long it will take those same calories away. Had this happen to me once so I try to make sure I stay active so I can eat my calories back. I love food =)
    Just sign up on their website and make an account. Be sure to link it with MFP and then go for a run! It's also neat that it'll track your sleep and your activities all by holding in the button on the front. Be sure to press it again to stop it when you're done sleeping or working out.
    Just FYI, it cannot track calories burned from activities other than walking/running. This is all I mainly do besides strength training so it works great for me. I wish you the best with it. Enjoy!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    There are no instructions in the package, really.

It's really easy to throw it in the washer.

You will love it.

lol thanks for the heads up about the washer!!
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    have had mine for a month,,love it,,add me if you want hardyandy
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine for a little over a month and I LOVE it!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    There are no instructions in the package, really.

It's really easy to throw it in the washer.

You will love it.

You don't need instructions... its all self explanatory .. A start up sheet and computer is all you need. Once you are on the site it has instruction manuals if you need them. ( I doubt you ever will tho)

I've never thrown it in the washer... but be careful in the bathroom! lol

On occasion the floor levels can be off.

Only sync it with MFP if you want them to be integrated. I thought I did, now I'm not so sure I like it... Idk, I'm still deciding on this one!

You will love it! Its fun :) Makes you work harder and constantly check your progress :)
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I love that it tracks stairs, although sometimes it is inaccurate there because are times when I walk up and down the stairs in my house and it doesn't track all of them. But it DOES notice the altitude because when I go for my walk it is up and down lots of hills and counts them as stairs.

I find it pretty accurate in regards to steps taken and distance. I checked it the first time I used it with a walk that I knew the distance and it was spot on. I don't always believe the calories burned but ....

Just got one for my mom today so that she can track her walking and activities, too.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using ours for a month now. It is wonderful! It keeps track of your steps and sets daily goals for you (which you can change) to work at achieving. It will credit you with calories that you can eat back on MFP (I love this feature). But be careful! If you are sedintary for too long it will take those same calories away. Had this happen to me once so I try to make sure I stay active so I can eat my calories back. I love food =)
    Just sign up on their website and make an account. Be sure to link it with MFP and then go for a run! It's also neat that it'll track your sleep and your activities all by holding in the button on the front. Be sure to press it again to stop it when you're done sleeping or working out.
    Just FYI, it cannot track calories burned from activities other than walking/running. This is all I mainly do besides strength training so it works great for me. I wish you the best with it. Enjoy!

You can track weight trainning,sit ups just push botton on and off when done and you can find the exercise on their website ,you just put your start time and how long and it calculates it
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've had mine about two weeks now.
    Its very cool. (Just wish it was able to track workouts/bike rides better, but will still need a HRM for those things)
    If you walk outside in the wind, it will incorrectly record you going up stairs. (I noticed this during Tropical Storm Debby. It was telling me I walked 14-20 flights when I might've walked 5)

Maybe that's just the tropical storm adjustment...maybe 5 stairs in a tropical storm is the equivalent of 14-20 normal flights.

Wow, this fitbit is even smarter than I thought...

:laugh:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Love it, live with it and have never washed it or lost it. I did engrave my phone number on the back when a friend lost hers. I wear it securly on my bra and I do not log exercise anymore, no need to. It is one of the most amazing things to ever happen to me.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Once you have it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Seriously, it's awesome.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit ultra for about a month now. I love it. It's partly motivational, but mostly I love it because I now get "credit" for all the stairs I climb. Before, I didn't have a way to accurately or efficiently track the physical activity I was doing at work. So, I would guess at it, and hope I was right on how many calories I was expending. Now, I have this neat little gadget, Fitbit Ultra, to help me get an accurate assessment of my daily physical activity. Finally, I'm able to eat enough calories to not feel like I'm starving, and I KNOW that I am still within my calorie goals. For me, that has meant the difference between changing my lifestyle/eating habits versus failing at another diet. I've lost about 12 pounds in the month since I got it. I lost quite a bit more during the week or two before I got it when I was just tracking calories. But, I was losing it way too fast and headed for an epic fail.