Good morning! Newbie here

Options
:happy: This is my second day and I just absolutely love this site! I am trying to stay consistent with my dieting with good exercise and I believe this site will me out a lot. Anyone would like to become fitness buddies, add me! We can motivate each other! Have a good and healthy day!

Replies

• CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This my second day as well. I am excited to see what changes I can make for myself. Would love to add you as a "newbie" friend!
  • Lpecpa
    Lpecpa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess that I have been on technically for a month but have only taken it seriously for the last week. I'm so grateful for this site! Please feel free to add me for mutual support!!
  • Thorpychick
    Options
    Welcome. This is also my second day. On my second time around. I also didn't take it seriously the first time but I am back to give it another shot. This is the first time I really had a look at this site and I love it. I just added my first recipe and was easily able to work our the calories in each serve. I was also shocked to see howmany calories I was eating a day. I thought I was pretty good with my food but obviously I can do a lot better. Good luck in your endevour to a healthier life.
  • kayrenee411
    Options
    You got it Toya.
  • Toyah35
    Toyah35 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you ladies and good luck to you all !!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • maureendarst
    Options
    its my second day too and im excited love this sight
  • Toyah35
    Toyah35 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks Apazman!!